Thread: Please Help!!!!!

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar

Please Help!!!!!

ok I have abig problem with my truck. I started my truck after school, everything was fine until I stepped on the gas. Then my truck started to shake and it sounded like I had a piece of shit muffler. Then my truck went off. Afterwards, when I tried to start it I would have to hold the gas because if not it would go off. It made loud pops that came from the carburator, at one point when I had my hood up and aircover off, I saw like a spark or something. Does anybody know whats wrong with my baby?
    Good Bye Blazer

Slow Ride

TIMING

Check the timing. How old is the engine? Sometimes the timing gears get worn out and can jump teeth. Also you may need to tune up your ingition system.

I had a similar problem with a 350 in a '78 LeMans I had. That problem came from the engine having way too many miles on it and wearing the cam lobes off.

First thing to do is check the timing. If the timing is on then check the ignition system.

If you reset the timing and it runs fine but does the same thing again you might have to take off the timing chain cover to get to the timing set and change it.

I have had stock timing gears that lost almost all of their teeth because old motors used plastic covered gears.

Hope this helps

It shouldn't be ignition, because that's what you had fixed in Mojave. Follow every ignition wire, from end to end, and make sure it's not laying on the exaust manifold or something. That will melt the plastic and the wire will short, to ground. This happened to me once and the engine was running off like 3 cylinders and doing pretty much what you just described. Hopefully it's just that because all will have to do is replace the wire and zip-tie it up.
    So go do a full wire inspection!
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    Damn it!! Hey Slim, it was my distributor, I thought they fixed it. You're girls dad put it on wrong, the rotor grinded off, and I had to replace it, the good thing is that it was only $5, but I still paid $25 for the labor.
    Good Bye Blazer