Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6 cylinder most hp??

Originally posted by 05Blazer
    14.7 is not impressive as you seem to make it out that it is.
    Regular cabs can run low 15's right from the factory.
    I know personally a SSF member that has a extended cab Xtreme that was a pure stock that outran his buddies modified extended cab Xtreme of the same year with a 15.6 to a 16.1. That truck with a cam added, exhaust and some other minor work to achieve 225 would then run 15.1. Drop the 800lbs that the extended cab runs and what do you have???

Sorry but Ive read all the combos run on the forums in NA trim and thats as quick as they run. TBI, CPI and CSEFI all use the same amount of fuel delivery, 119.1 lbs and hour. TBI's do it with 2 injectors, CPI batch fires the same 6 as the later CSEFI do independently. The drawback on the pre96 motors is heads that puke out at 148 CFM and worked maybe 190 CFM which the 96 and later flow over 220 CFM. No matter how the combo is built the cap is layed out and maintained by the fuel it can deliver. If someone upped the compression ratio, matched it with and intake that would flow the numbers with heads that also could flow you'd see the numbers increase closer to 275 with 24lb and hour injectors or 144 lbs and hour total.
    No ones ever done that yet on the forums. Only forced in some form has the 275 area been hit and that leads to low 14's and high 13's.

The numbers will always add up and when someone goes beyond what the numbers truly support you know you have a lie that has formed itself. High 14's are achievable with a regular cab and decent traction and gears, 15's on the low end for extended cabs and high 15's for Blazers.
    maybe you just dont get what im saying, 14.7 is damn good for a 1990 with a low compression motor. thats better then some people can get on standard compression

and once again you bring up the limitations of a stock efi fuel system, which i will say cant handle much more then stock hp

The parts that are available for the 4.3 off the shelf the majority can get and or afford only allow around 225ish. It takes lots of money to go beyond 225 which has never been attempted by someone from a board. It takes over 11:1 compression, stroking and other things to break this barrier in NA form.
    As far as dynos, you can throw them out alltogether
    like you say here it cant be done with off the shelf parts, but yet you keep running back and hiding behind the stock fuel system limitations. what about carbed 4.3 and MPFI 4.3's?

TBI's do it with 2 injectors, CPI batch fires the same 6 as the later CSEFI do independently.
    by the way cpi uses one injector to fuel all 6 cylinders
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 03-05-2006 at 03:42 PM.

lookie what i found a 300 hp 4.3, using stock LB4 heads that were worked quite a bit and still flowed less then the 96> heads

http://www.compcams.com/Community/Ar...p?ID=232019365

Yeah lookie what you found. Whoopi its been in mags for alot of time now. Took some serious bucks that wouldnt be spent by forums people to achieve.
    Nobody has done a MPFI thats run well. Carbed I havent seen anyone from the board pull that either. Yes there is power to be made on any motor but all boils down to what is spent. Forums people limit themselves to what can bolt on and in that trim the heads, intake and cam selections along with the most important part of fuel delivery is its limit.

not everyone on boards limit themselves to bolt ons, maybe novices, but not everyone

mpfi has been sucessfully done by a few people, boosted thrills runs 12.63 on a mpfi motor and he has told me it has great streetability

rat from s10 forum converted his stock lower intake mani to make it mpfi and mounted a roots style blower on top

there are a couple other people who are currently building mpfi motor, so if its so hard to get it to run right, then why would people do it?

there is a guy on ssf right now selling a 300 hp 4.3 thats carbed, well actually last i saw i think he was parting it out. but there are people who run carbs

as for the article that hotrod did, since when is 3000 for a comple motor build that much? it dosent seem to outlandish to me at all

again your reasoning is full of holes, first it was off the shelf parts wont get you over 225 hp, then it was stock fuel systems not allowing you to get that, now its people on forums not wanting to do more then bolt-ons

i still call BS on your statement

lots of pissing and moaing and numbers..................... but I'll revert back to my normal statement which many have heard time and time again.

1 hp / cubic inch

............. since 1957

just becasue its a V6 doen't change my opinion of what the chevy head / cam combination is worth under normal situations

i agree with big

also im done arguing

i see plenty of people running carbs and seeing as how ur on a site with half the population of people using carbs i think u should stop with that plus ur saying peoiple dont have the moneyhow do u know how much money people have just for that i just may build min e up??? ok thats to 05 blazer

wow one day of work and my threead has gone to this damn.... every forum has at least one jackass who just wants to start argumeunts ith that said just like tippman said lets all just get along :smoker: :smoker:

Originally posted by mikemckin123
    wow one day of work and my threead has gone to this damn.... every forum has at least one jackass who just wants to start argumeunts ith that said just like tippman said lets all just get along :smoker: :smoker:
    Werd. I typed out a big ass response, and then decided it wasn't worth it. I know what I have in my motor.

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    89 Black Blazer : The Daily : 16.9@82
    Member of H.A.S.T.E. (Houston Area S-Series & T-Series Enthusiasts)
    Get your butt to the 2006 S-Series Nationals!
    hi scott

YeeHaw
    When I was auto machinist I remember taking the specs from a 305 and a 4.3 and comparing both the read-outs and so on, and a 305 is almost just a 4.3 with 2 extra cylinders, not all that much more power....
    98 Ls 4dr 4x4
    BFG MT'S 2in. lift. Flowmaster, smoked, Granatelli, MSD, K&N, Infinity,Rocksford, occasional mud

Slow Ride
    I'll pull 2 plug wires to make mine a v6. Should still make around 400hp.

Originally posted by Slow Ride
    I'll pull 2 plug wires to make mine a v6. Should still make around 400hp.
    LOL. That's still about 340 cubes.

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    89 Black Blazer : The Daily : 16.9@82
    Member of H.A.S.T.E. (Houston Area S-Series & T-Series Enthusiasts)
    Get your butt to the 2006 S-Series Nationals!
    hi scott