Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 cylinder most hp??

if i get a motor im gonna build it up outside of the truck then drop it in . im gonna chaeck out the salvage yard that has a rack full of engines

thats what im doing, since my truck is my daily, getting my stock motor rebuilt would take to long

where as i can do a complete motor and tranny swap in a weekend

Just put mine on the dyno this afternoon. N/A TBI V6, and it made 210rwhp and 218rwtq. HP was still going up at 6000 where the graph cuts off. AFR still seems a little lean, so hopefully I can correct that and pick up a few more ponies.

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    89 Black Blazer : The Daily : 16.9@82
    Member of H.A.S.T.E. (Houston Area S-Series & T-Series Enthusiasts)
    Get your butt to the 2006 S-Series Nationals!
    hi scott

Originally posted by Teeleton
    Just put mine on the dyno this afternoon. N/A TBI V6, and it made 210rwhp and 218rwtq. HP was still going up at 6000 where the graph cuts off. AFR still seems a little lean, so hopefully I can correct that and pick up a few more ponies.

Teeleton
    dang, i would of swore you were closer to about 300 at the crank
    assuming an 18% drivetrain loss your at roughly 260 hp

guess my numbers arent gonna be as high, oh well thats what a 150 shot is for

Originally posted by tippmann243
    dang, i would of swore you were closer to about 300 at the crank
    assuming an 18% drivetrain loss your at roughly 260 hp

guess my numbers arent gonna be as high, oh well thats what a 150 shot is for
    I thought 18% was for standards? Mine's a 700R4

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    hi scott

no sure, im a little intoxicated tonight

do you know the % loss in a auto?

also what do you redline your motor at, you mentiond the graph cut off at 6000

I did some looking around, and it seems to vary widely, so I'm not gonna bother trying to guess crank HP at this point. It's kinda moot anyway, since rwhp is what moves the car, not crank.

Teeleton
    hi scott

17% roughly for a standard and 21% for and automatic.
    The parts that are available for the 4.3 off the shelf the majority can get and or afford only allow around 225ish. It takes lots of money to go beyond 225 which has never been attempted by someone from a board. It takes over 11:1 compression, stroking and other things to break this barrier in NA form.
    As far as dynos, you can throw them out alltogether. Each dyno type measures in a different manor, tires and gear sets effect readings and so fourth. Dyno's are only used to measure gains when base runs have been done!
    Last edited by 05Blazer; 03-05-2006 at 01:42 PM.

im gonn have to call bs on this, a guy on another forum im on ran a 14.7 on a low compression motor with no boost (broken supercharger)

so he is putting down roughly 228 crank hp on an 8.5:1 cr

14.7 is not hard to achieve using a regular cab thats has proper traction. If its a extended cab, it's all lies like most of the boards are and have been since 1998 when I first joined them.
    There have been alot of talkers/dreamers on the boards since their inception, but 225 is all the injectors from the CPI motors till current can muster. 19lbs and hour wont support more and only currently with forced air and FMU's can that number be raised to 23.1lbs and hour supporting 260ish.
    Someone may crack the barrier with the 2114 intake and larger injectors if they can nail the tune down, but that yet hasnt been done either.
    NA you got a high 14 to low 15 truck and thats the best its gonna see until someone does something other than add a cam and exhaust!!! Sorry, but facts are facts and tales will always be tales which alot life by as truth!!

Originally posted by 05Blazer
    14.7 is not hard to achieve using a regular cab thats has proper traction. If its a extended cab, it's all lies like most of the boards are and have been since 1998 when I first joined them.
    There have been alot of talkers/dreamers on the boards since their inception, but 225 is all the injectors from the CPI motors till current can muster. 19lbs and hour wont support more and only currently with forced air and FMU's can that number be raised to 23.1lbs and hour supporting 260ish.
    Someone may crack the barrier with the 2114 intake and larger injectors if they can nail the tune down, but that yet hasnt been done either.
    NA you got a high 14 to low 15 truck and thats the best its gonna see until someone does something other than add a cam and exhaust!!! Sorry, but facts are facts and tales will always be tales which alot life by as truth!!
    14.7 is damn impressive on a low compression motor

and by the way the cpi motor was discontinued in 1995, and the new csfi motors run a different injector then the cpi motor

there is a guy on s10 forum who ran a 14.8 on a stock motor with a y pipe and cia, so thats roughly 220 hp

your theories seem to have lots of holes, in your first post your talking about off the shelf parts, and now your talking about what the stock fuel injectors max out at

what about people running carbs or off the shelf mpfi manifolds?

he also had a tune, sorry for leaving that out

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233640

one more thing, the guy who posted earlier named teeleton who said he made 210 hp.

he did that on TBI injection

have a nice day :D

14.7 is not impressive as you seem to make it out that it is.
    Regular cabs can run low 15's right from the factory.
    I know personally a SSF member that has a extended cab Xtreme that was a pure stock that outran his buddies modified extended cab Xtreme of the same year with a 15.6 to a 16.1. That truck with a cam added, exhaust and some other minor work to achieve 225 would then run 15.1. Drop the 800lbs that the extended cab runs and what do you have???

Sorry but Ive read all the combos run on the forums in NA trim and thats as quick as they run. TBI, CPI and CSEFI all use the same amount of fuel delivery, 119.1 lbs and hour. TBI's do it with 2 injectors, CPI batch fires the same 6 as the later CSEFI do independently. The drawback on the pre96 motors is heads that puke out at 148 CFM and worked maybe 190 CFM which the 96 and later flow over 220 CFM. No matter how the combo is built the cap is layed out and maintained by the fuel it can deliver. If someone upped the compression ratio, matched it with and intake that would flow the numbers with heads that also could flow you'd see the numbers increase closer to 275 with 24lb and hour injectors or 144 lbs and hour total.
    No ones ever done that yet on the forums. Only forced in some form has the 275 area been hit and that leads to low 14's and high 13's.

The numbers will always add up and when someone goes beyond what the numbers truly support you know you have a lie that has formed itself. High 14's are achievable with a regular cab and decent traction and gears, 15's on the low end for extended cabs and high 15's for Blazers.

It's all about to change winditup57's Avatar
    ..ok he has me convinced. So far you sound pretty knowledgeable on this subject.