Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Filling Roof Rack Holes

i did mine with just open holes with the headliner in. That 22 guage shit metal is harder to weld than the headliner is lol doesnt really matter you have to weld so slow doesnt really get hot enough to burn anything if you know what your doin...

i jb welded mine! just filled the holes with jb weld and let it sit, then took some touch up paint and painted the spots and its been once year later and you'd never know!

I might just look into that jb weld if it works that good.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

could you take the headliner down and on the inside of the truck, put fiberglass cloth and resin over the wholes, then use a small ammount of body filler to smooth it out on top?
    If your going to be original, you can count on being copied

Buy My Stuff
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64443

http://www.autobodystore.com/FillerMatls.htm

Interesting way of doing it... not saying its right or wrong...but if u dont have a welder..

That does look a little easier. My way does take a bit more work to get it right. I'm not perfect at body work. I'm nervous when I go to have it painted they will tell me I messed up the body. I did the best I could and me not know what I was doing I don't think I did too bad.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

i was looking to do that to my truck as well ( roof rack holes) and have some jb weld left over from previous things. anyone use jb for that? ive heard of tigerhair? or bondoglass? but the jb hardens to steel....hmm

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    i welded mine , thats just the best way , and take out the headliner and also paint the welds on the inside when done to prevent rusting
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

im trying not to take it to a shop thats the thing. i might just have to try it, maybe for the bodylines too , but i hear everyone using that bondo-glass stuff. i duno

nah bondo wouldn't be something to use for bodylines, anyone will tell you it cracks over time. if you didn't want to take it to a shop you might could get fiberglass cloth to do your body lines, i'm not sure though, never tried it so I dont know how well it works? anyone hear know how fiberglass cloth works on something like this?
    If your going to be original, you can count on being copied

Buy My Stuff
    http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64443

i read some previous threads somewhere of people using that bodo glass stuff for the body lines and the rack holes. but i got jb for the holes which id assume would work fine. then for the body lines....i really might go with the bondo shit

uh oh he said it "bondo and body line" I'm outta here
    89 2 door shaved door handles, emblems, moldings, antenna, wiper cowl,god fathers body kit (molded in the rear), cowl hood, fully bagged front,back,side to side with 1/2" everything.

i have used bondo and fiberglass to refabricate or to create bodylines and as long as you know what your doing it will last. now if you get in an accident and you hit part of the bondo or fiberglass, you will have to take it ALL out and redo it. but besides that it will last, never had a problem b/4 with it.
    Don't make me beat you like a runaway slave....
    4 Door Love
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Good God, you are a fucking retard. I should ban you for being a fucking waste of sperm.

im not choosing sides on the bondo issue, but i built a mini truck when i was 16 with no real tools at all.... jus fiberglass and bondo and completely redid the entire body, its still going strong 6 years later with no cracks.... so for something as small as bolt holes, i dont see a problem, jus take ur time

you have to realize when using something like bondo you have to make sure that the application its applied to is a sturdy, non-fluctuating item. the roof for example will flex with heat/cold and if he bumps like most of us it will then vibrate. there is a chance that with this kind of fluctuation the bondo will in-turn, crack.
    Don't make me beat you like a runaway slave....
    4 Door Love
    Originally posted by S/T Lover
    Good God, you are a fucking retard. I should ban you for being a fucking waste of sperm.