Thread: few ?'s about 350 install in '83

few ?'s about 350 install in '83

Hi All !!

I am getting ready to install a 350 and T350 from a 72 Chevy truck into my '83 S-10 2wd. with a 2.8 and 4 speed.
    I already have the headers, conversion mounts and vetter radiator. I have a few questions

1. does my '83 have a computer ? If so will it need any modifications?

2. do I need a different trans cross member? maybe one out of a At truck

is there anything I should be prepared for? wiring modifications or ???

thanks

if memory serves me correct, i believe it was 85 when all the vehciles got the computer controlled carbs, either way rip that shit out.

and yes you will most likley have to mod the crossmember

I just want to make sure, I am not over looking anything. I am thinking it will be a straight foward swap. I was just wondering if I would have to make any mods to the harness.
    the motor is .030, trw forged pistons, performer rpm cam/heads/intake and carb. It's in my 72 short box truck that was totalled. I smoked many vehicles in that truck, I can't wait to put it in the S-10 and smoke many more.
    I need to find a decent rear end for it, I don't think the lil 2.8 4spd rear will last long.

Originally posted by 1983Blazer
    I just want to make sure, I am not over looking anything. I am thinking it will be a straight foward swap. I was just wondering if I would have to make any mods to the harness.
    the motor is .030, trw forged pistons, performer rpm cam/heads/intake and carb. It's in my 72 short box truck that was totalled. I smoked many vehicles in that truck, I can't wait to put it in the S-10 and smoke many more.
    I need to find a decent rear end for it, I don't think the lil 2.8 4spd rear will last long.
    i dont think you will ahve to do any signifigant modding to the harness, but dont quote me on that

all you really need for wiering is starter. alt and 12v to your coil...if your going to use manual gauges you can get rid of that wiering to...other than wipers headlights stuff like that clean it right out ....i didnt mod my crossmember but you can upgrade your mount with something from a chev with a th350..there alittle tougher...engin wise depending on your mounts you may need to run elctric fans or butcher your rad suport ...sometimes distributer clearence is iffy to....headers again depending what make you may have to grind down the tabs on your tranny where the tourk con. cover bolts...welll good luck...lay a nice patch for me when your done!!
    shaved ,bagged, smallblocked,and all the other good stuff