Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some body work I did today

After I make the payment in april I was gonna try yo to pay them off by may. I'm not sure but I was gonna try. I still have to get tires and I found a place to get new ones for 259.00. I just have to come up with the money. The 200.00 for the work is for welding in the caddies, the rollpan, and the fillers for the factory lights. Hopefully it won't be over 200.00. He charges 30.00 per hour. I don't know any body as good as hime to do it for me for less or just to help me out. So it leaves me spending a little extra money. I'm still waiting on a little income tax money hopefully I get it by then.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

hopefully by this time next year I will know how to weld then I could help you with simple stuff like that, I could help now with everything else just not the welding.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

Hey I know you can. You've help alot already and I thank you for it. It would be nice to get some others in my area to join the site. I've seen a couple of blazers out here that are really nice. I just didn't get to talk to them. I was hoping I might get to be good friends with mike and he might show me how to weld. He does body work also at his home. He might let me do some of this on my own. He builds 4x4's also. I'm working on the roof holes still so it will be a day or two before that part is done.

Check out my ride.

when is Meggs parts suppose to be in? I'm ready to drop her blaze and make it look a little better.

I don't know. I haven't heard from him since I payed for them. I'll check on that right now.

Check out my ride.

Hey at least I didn't have to do the welding for those lines and the holes. I still will have to go back and do a little body filler later on. I'm waiting till all the wholes and lines and welding are done before I do the body filler part.

Check out my ride.

hey I called about the metal for my project but they said just come out and look and see if they have some scraps laying around that would work.

That would be cool. Maybe you could pick up a little extra just in case.

Check out my ride.

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    Hey at least I didn't have to do the welding for those lines and the holes. I still will have to go back and do a little body filler later on. I'm waiting till all the wholes and lines and welding are done before I do the body filler part.
    Looks good man. One thing tho, Im gonna say 90% that those will crack out. Alot of people weld them and they still crack out, they are the body flex lines. I shaved my entire blazer and I won't even touch those things, because I know they will crack. The body work does look good tho.

I did them once and when I scraped it they were still good. Thanks for the compliments. THis is the first time I've attempted to do some real body work. Bonda or body filler will come later. I need to have all the rest done first.

Check out my ride.

I don't have a pic yet but I did more today. I got the whole top almost done. I'll have to have 3 or 4 holes welded shut. The bigger holes were to big for the epoxy metal to fill in. I had to primer the whole top because of the amount of metal showing. I post some pics when I get it done. The little holes did great. You can see but one of them. I have to sand one down. I missed it and found it when I did the primer. I'll have to get more primer first.

Check out my ride.

Is that upper line filled with that stuff you were talking about?
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Yeah, I filled it with the metal I was talking about. Why does it look bad? That stuff has other use to. Like fixing a radiator and a gas tank. And alot of others were you would need a metal fix. I hope everyone likes it. I'm trying to do things this way so I can get practice at doing body work. I'm still learning. I need to find someone close to teach me but I'm not that lucky.

Check out my ride.

Here's some of what I got done on thursday. Let me know what ya think. I have more pics if anyone wants to see them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out my ride.

Here's some of what I got done on thursday. Let me know what ya think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out my ride.