Thread: trying to find the vss pin on my computer 1998 bravada

trying to find the vss pin on my computer 1998 bravada

i recently just swapped my motor for a 05 silverado motor. same 4.3 just used my intake and oilpan etc. my problem is my abs light is on, check engine light is on (have a misfire not a problem at the moment), no speedo and a awd service light on. the fluids are full and it just had a transmission flush too. the tranmission doesn't act right doesn't shift right. won't even get into 3rd or 4th. i think it's the vss signal to my speedo on the transfer case but i don't know what pin it is in the pcm so i can route a new wire. anyone have anyone layouts of the pins?
    thanks i'll put up some pics of the truck. it's lowered with 20's and smoked out lights etc.

part of the check engine light may be due to a crank relearn is needed.....need to get a code reader and pull the codes and go from there

as for teh swap: did you reuse all your accesories, wiring , and computer?

if so then it should have been a plug and play, and the new motor could have some problems
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

I used my old trans, transfer case, wires etc. i just replaced the engine. it's plug and play. just my vss isn't working. im testing it with mutlimeter in a bit to see what's wrong

btw motor sounds good and starts right up. it's the transmission thats not working right

what year bravada?

It's a 1998 sorry should of added that. awd too

i checked it and the mutlimeter had no volts even when it was running.

Quote Originally Posted by bravada View Post
    i checked it and the mutlimeter had no volts even when it was running.
    your not going to have any voltage at the plug. its a hall effect sensor that gives a sign wave type signal to the pcm.

connector c1 (blue) pins 29 and pin 30 are for the vss circuit from the vss to the pcm.

Finally at the end of the day i got my print outs from my friends. all data it's the blue connector 29 VSS low and 30 VSS high. all the others are outputs for different things like radio, cruise, etc. i plugged it up and now it's shifting and the speedo works but the awd service light is on and the engine still missing. sounds like a bunch of noise coming from the distributor cap. it's all new wires, plugs, coil, cap, rotor. maybe timing is off? well tomorrow is another day.

Quote Originally Posted by 6SpeedBlazer View Post
    connector c1 (blue) pins 29 and pin 30 are for the vss circuit from the vss to the pcm.
    just noticed you put that thanks lol

Update. so i messed with the timing last night and it runs so much better. no more shaking or loss of power. put my engine on top dead center. my rotor on my distributor was right before the 6 engraved on my distributor bottom. after messing with it it was closer to the 6 but infront of it slightly. ran good but still have a check engine light. going to autozone to get it checked out for the codes. service awd light still on. binding kinda bad in parking lots. pulled the 4wd fuse and lost 3 gages lol so put it back in. it seem to drive okay without the fuse but man what a difference between 2wd and awd. what the hell is going on?:bang: