Thread: "the chevy lean"

91chevys10

"the chevy lean"

i have finally figured it out..... the question that no one knows the answer for and i finally got an answer! The chevy lean is because chevy's are so fast the spend most of their time in the left lane passing everyone especially those slow fords!!! lol jk i really dont know why they made them lean and i thought of that when i was passing 25 cars on the highway tonight and i said to myself man my truck actually feels level for once.

Thought i would share that with you all

Flint Town.michigan rollin like bentleys on michelins
    someone came up with a theory thats its because of the exhaust running down the passenger side right next to the leaf springs and it getting hot and cold and hot and cold and so on and so fourth that it makes em sag or someshit i dunno i just heard it somewhere

mine doesnt lean...

coil springs start to sag over time, i know mine does it. this is becuase i bought the truck lowered with crappy e-bay brand coils

I always thought the "Chevy lean" pertained to pickups and not Blazers. Has something to do with the gas tank on the driver's side. I think there was a thread on s10forum about it. They talked about adding a spacer to the front driver's side spring to compensate. Evidently, they all lean, but its not real noticable until you lower them. Too lazy to search for it.

blazers can also lean, but pickups have more of a problem due to the gas tank

Yeah, i think it has something to do with the gas tank being on the driver side. Mine use to lean horrably when i lowerd it. but i was to lazy to put a space under the coil, so i just got some of those sprig spacers in and it lvled it out. and it made it a lot less bouncyer. Damn cheap sprigs, aka Aim.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low
    LOL, LMAO, ROFL! Tee-Hee!!! You freakin cornball.

my sonoma does it and i have coilovers front and rear.. and no matter how much i try i can never get the truck to sit lever its always 3/4" lower on the drivers side.. even with no gas in it.. who cares it drives straight.. thats all i care about
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber