Thread: 1985 GMC Jimmy 4x4???

1985 GMC Jimmy 4x4 Need help...

Well I have a 1985 GMC Jimmy 2dr thats my first vehicle. So far i only put in a soud system. But i just ordered a set of clear turn signal lights. Currently my truck sits pretty high and i hate it. My friend siads it looks to have a body lift. It has 31" tires on 15" rims. Im getting some reg. suv tires next week.(235/75/15) Or what size should i get to lower her alil more?

My plans for this truck are:

1. Remove all embels from the body and get it paint black or a midnight blue color(next month)

2. Clear front headlights, and corners along w/ black covers for the rear. Also add so neon goodies inside.

3. 22" rims on 265/35/22 tires

4. 2/2-2/3 drop

5. Add on to my system with 2 A8000t amps and 2 kicker L7's

Pics:

Last edited by Jextel; 04-17-2006 at 09:07 PM.

Well I think im going to lower her next weekend. To alil less than stock not sure becuase it has a body lift. This guy told me that take all the bushings and blocks and replace them with hockey pucks(1 for a nice low look and 2 for stock height) is this true?
    Last edited by Jextel; 04-17-2006 at 09:12 PM.

This is the lowering kit i need correct? How much do you think on avg a shop would charge me to install it?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

or this one

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...6+4294907043+0

would the second one help with comfortablitiy?
    Last edited by Jextel; 04-20-2006 at 09:05 PM.

You deff have a body lift. You can see it in the pic. I dont know bout the hockey puck idea, sounds like it would be a bit rough. I'd get stock body bushings ( they probably sell poly ones that may lower it another 1/4 to 1/2" ) and the kit with the leafs. You can add blocks to lower it in the back a bit more if you need.

I see the poly body mounts there 73+ shipping..anyway how much money you think it will cost to get them changed?

not too hard to do yourself. do one at a time and use a pry bar to lift up a bit after you remove the bolt and pop the old out and the new in. you may want to hit them with some type of penitating lube for a day or two before you do them but all in all it aint hard.

What would happen if i take the mounts out then bolt it back up with out mounts? Or could i take one out and take 2"'s off?(there 3" long?) Because im broke i have 6 dollars to my name

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jextel
    What would happen if i take the mounts out then bolt it back up with out mounts? Or could i take one out and take 2"'s off?(there 3" long?) Because im broke i have 6 dollars to my name

save your cash and then buy stock body mounts... do not modify yours, and dont take out your mounts and put none back in.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

new body mounts and bolts probably have to do come work on your shift linkage they lenghtin them when its lifted and check the steerin at the fire wall when the bodies lifted they mosts times have to move the columndown some
    if i wanted a HUMMER i would call ur momma

HOW TO HUNT LIKE A REDNECK (SHINE)(SHOOT)(RUN)

Do anyone have any pics of the Drivers Side front wheel wheelwell? So i can see how the mainfoild connects to the exhaust pipe...

Look like the jimmy may be for sale. I might get my cuz 98 max for under $800 dollars. Do you think the jimmy is worth $1000