Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Got My Kit!!!!

Finally Got My Kit!!!!

After all the questions and comment I finally worked out my kit with my air ride shop. Im gettting as follows:
    Front Kit (Airsprings, shock, relocator kit)
    Rear Kit
    3-Link Set-Up
    6 Gallon Tank
    1 Vlair 460 Compressor
    And Knotches

for approximetely $4900.00 cash ... good deal or not? ... he really didn't seem like he was bullshitting me, i've seen their work I trust them. Any input would help though. Thanks

kaz-e-rok
    ...::: Supernatural Kingz :::...

hahahahaha i guess if u want to spend that much. i hope there puttin it in for u! fyi i have front springs and cups, 4 link in the rear, notches, all slam bags, 5gallon and a viair 450 and every thing to hook it up. i paid alot less than that.

BUT YET AGAIN DOUG FROM STREET ISSUE CUSTOMS IS THE FUCKiN MAN
    1992 NOMA with a 4.3 bagged and 6 linked

www.StreetIssueCustoms.com
    www.s-i-c.org

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

Re: Finally Got My Kit!!!!

Originally posted by kaze
    After all the questions and comment I finally worked out my kit with my air ride shop. Im gettting as follows:
    Front Kit (Airsprings, shock, relocator kit)
    Rear Kit
    3-Link Set-Up
    6 Gallon Tank
    1 Vlair 460 Compressor
    And Knotches

for approximetely $4900.00 cash ... good deal or not? ... he really didn't seem like he was bullshitting me, i've seen their work I trust them. Any input would help though. Thanks

kaz-e-rok

They're raping you...

www.suicidedoors.com
    go price some stuff and figure it out yourself man!

www.guiltybydesign.net guiltybydesign's Avatar
    Hell yea they are raping you! I qoute people $3000 for a basic kit under a blazer.

Soon 2 B Draggin' By You! slammin minis's Avatar

Re: Re: Finally Got My Kit!!!!

Originally posted by otter

They're raping you...

www.suicidedoors.com
    go price some stuff and figure it out yourself man!
    that's rape without the lubrication! Deff check out suicidedoors.com. They'll hook you up with what you need and you'll save about $1000. if not a lot more.

i think that price he gave was parts AND installation...cause he said he trusts their work.

www.guiltybydesign.net guiltybydesign's Avatar
    Originally posted by JPMasters1107
    i think that price he gave was parts AND installation...cause he said he trusts their work.
    Again...
    Originally posted by guiltybydesign
    Hell yea they are raping you! I qoute people $3000 for a basic kit under a blazer.

my kit

Just so you know the 4900 covers installation and the kit and its in CANADIAN! lol ...
    lates

kaz-e-rok
    ...::: Supernatural Kingz :::...

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

Re: my kit

Originally posted by kaze
    Just so you know the 4900 covers installation and the kit and its in CANADIAN! lol ...
    lates

kaz-e-rok

Which is still around 4,253.47usd, so you still are getting raped.

Wow!!!! that is insane! you could bag your truck twice for that amount of money
    89 2 door shaved door handles, emblems, moldings, antenna, wiper cowl,god fathers body kit (molded in the rear), cowl hood, fully bagged front,back,side to side with 1/2" everything.

For around that price my buddy can bag it with a forward tri-4-link, relocated blazer tank, 8 1/2" valves, 10 switch box, trailer tubs front and rear, 4-SLAM or Coni bags, 8G or more with a ViAir 550 or whatever other comp you want.

Price varies due to various parts.

Done right, that's parts and install. The reason why the price is so high up here in Canada is because not many ppl do it properly and the price of steel has risen dramatically up here. For an S10 to be bag'd properly the average cost is $5000 if not a bit more.

Nate

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    honestly, it really does depend on area...4300$ us is not unrealistic for a complete install...a little on the high end, but not bad, and if the shop is trustworthy, and puts out a quality product, then it's worth every penny to have a safe vehicle on the road.

and for what it's worth, I can meet or beat almost all of SD's prices :D
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

4900 parts and labour isnt bad for an install in Canada. Its still kinda high though. But it all depends..what size wheel? are they laying it out...maybe they are doing tubs and stuff too.
    What shop are you dealing with?

We are paying close to $120 for a 4x8 sheet of 16ga where I live, just to give u americanos an idea of what steel costs us right now.

We do basic full installs starting at $1200 labour. Thats a basic link, kit or not, drilling holes takes more time then welding IMO. Box floor work and a ton of under hood relocation, or a crazy setup are going to cost more obviously.

Parts are extra. Most guys are spending around 2500 by the time there stuff gets here from SD. Plus we charge our cost on steel for crossmembers and stuff on top of labour. Steel is too expensive now to just be a 'freebie' unless we end up just using a bit of something we have on hand.
    iLLconformity truck club
    House of Kohler...Winnipegs Minitruck Headquarters

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    thats pretty much in line with what I just paid...$112 USD for a 4x8 sheet, and that was at my cost...retail on it was higher..lol.

It's hard to keep prices down when steel costs are going up so fast...
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

no shit. we just did a cost inventory on what we have in our shop for raw material..........8 and a half million dollars worth of steel....I am cutting a sheet of 1' SS right now, 5x10. going to cut for like 8 hours.....at about 600 dollars an hour.....:eek:
    I enjoy beer, guitars, women, sleeping late, sleeping with women, sleeping late with women, waking up and having a woman bring me a beer.
    Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    but ya canada is so much better than the US.