Thread: leaf springs

I been around since 02

leaf springs

I'm gettin ready to start dropping my s10.

I'm thinking of having the leaf springs dearched to get a 3 inch drop.

My question is, Is there a difference in ride quality between having the dearched or the belltech ones.

Thanks - john
    I watch tv on my couch not in my truck.

Say no to trends, Friends don't let friends install tv screens.

deareching is just a bad all around. I have lowered several trucks many ways. I have found there there is a cheap way to do it, and then there is the right way to do it. So do yourself a favor, drop the dime and just get the drop springs.

I been around since 02
    Originally posted by Rayman12895
    deareching is just a bad all around. I have lowered several trucks many ways. I have found there there is a cheap way to do it, and then there is the right way to do it. So do yourself a favor, drop the dime and just get the drop springs.
    Thanks for your advice. As far as the whole theres a right way and wrong way, i don't think your sacrificing any safety by dearching leafsprings. Now if this were about cuttin coils, i know better.

I would still like to know if there is a big enough difference in ride quality to justify spending 150 bucks on a set of new leafs from belltech.
    I watch tv on my couch not in my truck.

Say no to trends, Friends don't let friends install tv screens.

I'll say they it is worth the extra money to replace the leafs. I know when I changed mine that it helped quite a bit with the handeling. Plus most replacement leafs are designed with progressive rates so the work better in a limited travel application. In other words, they are designed to support a low stance vehice, vs the stock springs which are not made for it, they can just be addapted for it.

Well thats kinda hard to say its gonna be rough any way u lower it but I would buy the belltech springs.

Banned
    only thing i can add is i;ve tried removing a leaf, and tried the beltechs and both sets of leafs ended up looking like an S so.........

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

thats how mine are starting to look :(

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    i left my bumpstops in, the second the rear end squats and starts to want to walk the pinion up, it hits the rubber snubber. And i dont ride in the back of my blazer nor have enough weight in it to give a shit about it riding ruff. I still dont see why eveyrone complains about 4 inch drops in the rear, they ride great :). And even with a kid and an adult in the back and me driving and an adult in the passenger seat, it rode fucking great

Banned
    5 inch drop withougt c-notch in mine was fuckin pathetic. I even got a stomach ache once or twice on fairly long journeys. But that was 5 inches and lo-pros.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yea 26 inch tall tires all around on 15 inch rims make for a nice ride, and the air bags up front help too for cruisine low as fuck lol