Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Think these wheels/tires fit right???

Slow Ride

Question Think these wheels/tires fit right???

P295/65R15 M/T drag radials

I tried my buddies wheels/tires on the Blazer. I might be able to get them to fit with a little wheelwell massaging...

What do you guys think??

I know they ain't DUBZ, but I think they are probably more of a PITA to fit.

they look good... kinda scared about the backs tho, lol
    one big bump n a little shift.. POP

It's all about to change winditup57's Avatar
    I like the way it looks, but the rear clearances would have me worried. Pretty tall tire....

Slow Ride
    I think I need to put " I got me some DUBZ!!!" or "Ridin' on 30's" in the title block so people will actually view the thread, much less have a comment.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    I too have the same problem with not getting much viewing b/c i dont have 20s or something queer on my truck

I think they look awesome. But i do believe the rears are going to rub like a son of a bitch

Slow Ride
    I just put them on for fun. I didn't think they would even fit in the wheel well. I wish someone made a 29x11 street radial for a 15" rim.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    you ever have plans of back halfing your truck to stuff bigger tires under it. Or just plan to work with the body/suspension allows

Slow Ride
    With this engine I don't need too much tire. I don't plan on doing a rear suspension re-design until I have enough power to warrant a change. It is going to take me quite a few years to build a boosted big cube engine. I still want to run pump gas and be somewhat streetable so I'm thinking of staying with a standard deck BBC and build a 540 with either a pair of small turbos or a Pro-charger. Should be able to run well over 1000HP easily on pump gas and then turn up the boost and run good gas for the track. Then I'll need some big tires.

I think it looks good, could you roll your fender ato make any better? i think the wide/skinny combo looks way better than anything sitting on the ground on oversized rims. let us know if you find a way to make them fit. By the way where did you get your control arms from?
    Last edited by L98Jimmy; 05-02-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    Women come and go but you can rely on a truck.

that looks badass, what car were they on before? pics of that?
    92 blazer 4 door 4.3 2wd, 00 s10, 03 accord v6

Originally posted by 668
    I fuckin popped her, held back a little, but I clipped her pretty good.

Tires look huge in the wheelwell. Are those ART arms?
    I Cut To Drag

Slow Ride
    Originally posted by L98Jimmy
    By the way where did you get your control arms from?
    Global West TLC chromoly upper and lower tubular control arms with QA1 single adjustable coilovers. I got them for about $1400 from JEGS

I think it looks awesome, just roll the fender lip and you should be good. And as far as boosted a bbc go with the procharger, they have cars running deep into the 8s and even in the 7s running pump gas with a smaller engine then you have. So making power and running pump gas wont be a problem lol....
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

The "look" of them is great, i think you cant beat that.

The only possible prob i could see is if you have bad wheelhop, the possiblity of it cuttting on the fender lip near the bottom in front of the tire.

Your leaf is gonna move with the axle, so thats not a prob, and if you smooth out the area near the frame with a grinder, it couldnt do much more damage then a light rub now and then.

Then again, i dont know how much lateral movement you might be getting on a hard launch.

since you say you dont need too much tire anyway, why not get a set of DOT sportsmans? the MT-1557 is tubless and has an od of 28.8 with a tread width of 10.6 (close enough to 29X11)
    Hoosier has a good selection of DOT approved tires in the same range.

I personally have always wanted to see a set of M/T indy profile tires on somthing. I like that tire for some odd reason.
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.

Slow that looks awesome! I might get some spacers and flaring tool might make the back look safer. Other than that :bigthumb:
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)