Thread: Belltech 3" drop coils

Belltech 3" drop coils

Has anyone had a problem with their 3" coils on there 2.8L 1st gens? My cuz just dropped his another inch and there is really no difference between 2" coils and the 3"'s. Measured the fender before and after and it only dropped 1/2" belltech said that they will settle very little as well. Anyway were cutting a coil off monday to get that bitch down. Trucks got 2" spindles 3" coils(cutting) rear 3" leaves and 2" angles blocks and he's rockin 18's (235/40/18). it's good and low.
    I Cut To Drag

i know when i rebuilt my supsension it took a couple days of driving for my drop coils to settle back to the hight they were at

For what ever reason the front is sitting a good 1" higher than the rear. So The coils will not settle that much. So were going to cut some off to even it out.
    I Cut To Drag

I wouldnt be suprised if the coils settle and give you at least a half inch. I know my 1" coils settled a little over a half inch after about a month.

Originally posted by metaldrp
    For what ever reason the front is sitting a good 1" higher than the rear. So The coils will not settle that much. So were going to cut some off to even it out.
    did you install them correctly?

a lot of people dont do coil installs correctly and they und up getting less drop becuase the end of the coil is not seated properly in the coil pocket this could give anywhere from 1/2- 1" less drop depending on what coils are used and how good of shaper the rubber isolators are

Originally posted by banginjimmy
    I wouldnt be suprised if the coils settle and give you at least a half inch. I know my 1" coils settled a little over a half inch after about a month.
    ^ Yeah I hear you on the settling part but called belltech and they said that will settle vary little. The truck looks really gay right now cause the front end is up and the ass is down. So were gonna fix that. It'll be a little more rack look when everything finally settles out.
    I Cut To Drag

Originally posted by tippmann243
    did you install them correctly?

a lot of people dont do coil installs correctly and they und up getting less drop becuase the end of the coil is not seated properly in the coil pocket this could give anywhere from 1/2- 1" less drop depending on what coils are used and how good of shaper the rubber isolators are
    very good point, I didnt even think of that

my truck was like that when i bought it, front higher then the back, i tore the suspension down and the coil was about 180* off were the end was suposed to sit

Thanks guys. I did the inital drop on his truck, he ended up taking it to a shop to get it lowered more (my trucks taking all the room up in the shop + he's an impatient putz). I know the guy that owns the shop and he knows his shit. But i'll be helping him rip it apart to cut the coils so i'll take a gander and see whats up. I'm not sure what condition his isolators are in so i'll see how they look as well.

Kevin
    I Cut To Drag