Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traction Action

Slow Ride

Traction Action

I need traction!!! I just got back from the strip and I am so pissed off. My fucking Blazer is slow as fuck. I am not even going to give you guys my times because I can already see the fucking flaming starting. Anyway I need to get some traction. Should I get a Protrax or teardown the rear and install an Auburn posi??? I need to run some slicks or at least some drag radials. Anyone have experience with different brands??? Pros and cons??? Also does traction affect the MPH of the runs???? I am soooooo fucking pissed right now so please don't give me any shit. My 60ft times were 2.478 - 2.418 - 2.470 for the three runs. Those are fucked up for having a 3.06 first gear and 4.10's in the rearend. Help me!!!!!

Pimpin Once Again blazer88FastNLo's Avatar
    hey they are pretty consistant, slicks and posi will help a big deal here, traction bars also work to an extent my friend has them on his s-10 and they really helped him out, got him in the high 11's, if your rearend is stock and you have a good deal of horsepower slicks aint a good idea unless you wanna break the rearend I get M/T 9inch slicks and hoosier gumballz 16inch slicks free and I like the gumballz better they grip and go without spin c'mon give us your times, if its above a 15 with a 350 dont give them to us
    R.I.P. Allison Campbell R.I.P. Gone But Not Forgotten 1984-2002

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    ok...umm i know someone with a pro street s10 truck....and i have asked and asked about traction.....he has none...he has removed to leaves and has a posi and shit...and still nothing.....nothing at all....he can run fast cuz hes got 520 horses but still would get better times with a posi, i asked him if a blazer would do the same....he said those things are fuckin tanks....ull get better traction but still spin alot....so ur not gonna stop spinnin...oh and hes runin slicks too ....but u will spin less with slicks and a posi and ur times will go up...hes runnin mid 11's right now.....so hope this helps
    ________
    BUY VAPORIZER
    Last edited by supernova; 02-26-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Slow Ride
    It sat and smoked off the line and got loose when I hit second almost hit the wall on second run. Third chirps a little. I'm just wondering since I have a 7 5/8 rear with 4.10's already if I get a Protrax or should I rebuild the whole rear or should I rebuild the 8 1/2" posi I have out of a '78 Camaro??? The cheapest route would be to do the Protrax and some traction bars and some steel wheels w/ some slicks but how long will it run???? I talked to a bunch of guys at the strip and the s-10 truck guys are running 7 1/2's w/ slicks and ladder bars and some are into the high 10's. I just don't get it why aren't they blowing up rears??? I wish I had a fucking job because I would be on the phone first thing Monday calling to get prices from Strange, Currie, and Moser.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    hmm lasst time i went to the local cruise spot the guywith the s10 wastn there.but ill go back soon and im not sure what rear he was runnin but it would handle.....i watched him smoke a like 40 g race motor fullsize.....the first pass with no spray and the second with a 150 shot......and he lights em up when he hits it....but yea he was runnin silver stealies with some huge ass slicks....and still spinnin..but he had more traction
    ________
    Buy solo vaporizer
    Last edited by supernova; 02-26-2011 at 01:31 AM.

My rear end would wheel hop through third gear. I stopped that when I put on traction bars. But it still spins with 295/50/15 tires that are 10 inch's wide.:confused:
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Caltrac traction bars are one of the best for leaf spring trucks. Cheap traction bars don't do much, unless you have really bad axle hop. Either posi will work, just depends on your preference. What do you have now?

My thinking is, if you hooked up, you'd pull a few more mph out.

For tires, look into some BFG drag radials, Im gonna run some 275/50/15's until I do my heads, cam, and nitrous.( they're the same width as the 295/50/15" radial TA's) Then, I am gonna be running some MT ET street slicks. 26X11.0. They're just like a slick, but are dot approved for street driving.

Fill your gas tank up before you go. That weight will help, especially since its behind the axle. Some 5way adjustable shocks up front will help out with weight transfer too. There's always ladder bars, or a 4 link and coilovers.

Blazers hook up remarkable well compared to a truck. You just gotta do a little bit of work. You'll be in the low 12's soon enough.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Give it to us,what was your fastest time? It's killing me...lol
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Slow Ride
    I am running a 4.10 one legger with 235/60's. I had 1/2 a tank of gas. No traction bars - I don't hop the rear it just spins.

Posi will most likely give you a decent ammount of wheel hop if you start spinning. Thats not bad for having a 700R4 and 4.10's. I had consistant 2.2's with a Th350, 3.42's, one legger and 275/50's.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Slow Ride
    I have 2 weeks to figure this out. The last test and tune night is Aug.23rd I won't go through the whole damn winter with these numbers.

You just need some money now!!! But, don't we all.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Slow Ride
    That is what credit cards are for right?? I just hope the wife doesn't catch me.

Mike, Im having the same problem with my truck. I've made a couple of country road runs and it just won't run. I've tryed to take off at 1400rpm's and then hit it,but it just lites them up. I've also sprayed VHR on the tires(helped a little) but it still spin's. My motor is running at its full but I cant get it to hook up. Im about ready to say f@ck !t and call summit and order some dot slicks. Like the ones ZZ4Blazer was talking about. I just need to get some new hardened axles,pos unit and gears to help or keep the rear end from breaking. My wife is tired of me talking about it and has give me the green light. But if I do,I know what is going to happen(Big Azz Bill From Summit Racing).
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Slow Ride
    I'm going to be on the phone Monday morning. Trying to figure this one out. I need to run at least in the low 13's w/ under 2 second 60 ft times or else I'll go absolutely nuts this winter.