Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Traction Action

Slow Ride
    I ordered my rear wheels and tires yesterday. Hoosier 26x9 slicks and some good ol 15x8 white spokes. How good do you guys think they will hook up and launch my fat ass. Rear should be here on the 25th hope to get the driveshaft custom built by the 27th and the driveshaft hoop in on the 28th and race at the strip by the 29th.

I also got my MSD distributor/ignition/coil/wires installed hope they fix the high RPM miss.

If you warm them up good, they should hook hard.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Slow Ride
    I am so mad at Currie right now. They said my new Rear would be done and delivered on the 20th then they pushed off til the 25th now this morning (24th) I get a call and they tell me they can't get Auburn Posi's anymore??? WTF???????? I wanted to cancel then they said it would cost me. Now They are shipping it with a Trac-lock but I didn't want any Ford parts. Now it won't get here til like the 1st of Oct and I won't get to race til next year. :mad:

wow... not your month is it?... i know this is REALLY late but did you ever try to look at swap meets? i know i found one for my car for $250 brand new gears and posi unit with 4.11 gears.. and im hoping to find one for my s-10 this weekend at the englishtown swap meet..
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Slow Ride
    Your looking at almost $1000 for just a posi and axles, so I ordered the whole thing together.

Is track lock a locker? Or is that just fords version of "limited slip" Like GM's "posi"
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Slow Ride
    It's Ford's version of a clutch type limited slip. It's rebuildable unlike the Auburn,but I just didn't want Ford parts.

I thought that Auburns were rebuildable.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

EATON POSI !!! forget all the rest .........

knudsonm,
    Don't get down on yourself so hard. Currie did you a favor. Those Auburn pos unit are not what they are announced to be. The clutch disc are metal. And when the disc slips a little. Its metal on metal, that means metal shaving in your rearend(bad news for bearings). I'm with BlownLT1AWD on this issue of pos units, Eaton will be the only pos unit I will ever use. So pat yourself on the back cause Currie did you a favor. I'd rather have a Detriot Locker instead of a Auburn pos. Hate to hear the bad news anyways. Good luck.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

traction

did anyone try 90/10 drag shocks? the lift the front end on takeoff and hold it there shifting the weight to the rear and planting the tires.
    84 xCab S-15. No longer ugly but still quick

Slow Ride
    Over the winter I plan on getting some adjustable QA1's for all 4 corners, but they cost $$$$$$$

Slow Ride
    I got my slicks today and they are awesome. My rear end comes here tomorrow. I hope the weather cooperates.

Slow Ride
    The rear is in and now I need an adjustable proportioning valve. I just tap the brakes and the big ol 11"ers lock right up. I got a brand new drive shaft made and re-did all the brake lines. Summit should have my new proportioning valve to me by Tuesday. I hope to go racing on the 12th. It's the last one this year.

I HAVE A 88 BLAZER SMALL BLOCK 400 I HAVE RUN 1249 ON 235-70 STREET RADIALS.180 60 FT. I HAVE MADE MINOR CHANGES TO REAR SPRINGS AND FR. SHOCKS