Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE] A few current pics of my truck

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    rattle can paint almost 4 years later lol, its either get it repainted in some real primer, or finally bag the rear, my kidneys vote bag'd first

a local meet a few weeks ago

from when i got the knock off welds

And im sad to say this is the only picture i have with the GMC grill. Someone took it at a car show last year. The end of may the bumper met the trailer ball of a dodge pickup and took out the chrome bumper, the drivers side bumper bracket/frame horn and the grill. And since i lost all the info in this thread when the server crashed ill re update with whats done.

V8 blah blah blah, th350 trans and doo doo stock rear end. Its bag'd in front with Candy orange tubular control arms and lays frame on a 235/70/15. The rear is around a 6 or 7 inch rear drop with a SD bolt in notch and it still bottoms out on the floor lol. There is actually a dent from the center section. Ive got a IAS blazer four link awaiting to be welded in hopefully in the next few months along with a step notch and sleeve bags. thats about it, thanks for bumping this Harley, i had actually forgotten about it, and especially that i lost updates lol.

Yeah I was telling Rusty I bumped a thread from 2006 and got to thinking that I remembered seeing newer pictures in the last year or so. Curse the crash!

Once it stops raining I will be looking forward to seeing it put to use. I've had it since they did Cash for Clunkers since it came off a truck that met that fate.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

actually i know what happened. I didnt have the internet for like 2 years and when i got it back i made a thread called "updates and pictures" and it was just random shit i had dont since i stopped posting regularly. And when the server died i lost the entire thread, so this is a super old thread i didnt know was here lol. Ive got all the pics i still have of the build on the link in my sig tho

bravada goodness. I still cant figure out why in the hell my hood latch support never lines up with the grills. I always figured it was b/c of the repo grills just fitting crappy. Well, its still off with the bravada grill too, its alot closer, but still off to much to bolt up. ANd this results in a bit of sag at the center of the grill. From what i can tell the center brace on the core support is the same from 3 piece to 1 piece grill and it wont adjust that much, ive tried. And i still need to swap over my diamond clear corners, just go to excited to do that earlier lol

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

bravada goodness. I still cant figure out why in the hell my hood latch support never lines up with the grills. I always figured it was b/c of the repo grills just fitting crappy. Well, its still off with the bravada grill too, its alot closer, but still off to much to bolt up. ANd this results in a bit of sag at the center of the grill. From what i can tell the center brace on the core support is the same from 3 piece to 1 piece grill and it wont adjust that much, ive tried. And i still need to swap over my diamond clear corners, just go to excited to do that earlier lol

There is a difference in the 1 piece and 3 piece hood latch support bracket. When I put a 91 core support in my 87, I tried to use my 87 one because it was rust free but the grill didn't line up. So I used the 91 one and everything lined up perfect. Btw, love the blazer. That's the first time I seen pics of it.
    2000 Red Dime sitting low.and pretty.

really, well i guess thats why the two center holes for the grills ive had never lined up lol. Im off to the junk yard soon to get a 91+ latch suppor then.

thanks, i love the little truck, just wish it looked a little better, mainly paint wise but the rattle can looks better then the stock flaking partial repaint that is under it lol. Also ive started redoing the interior, the passenger side is all nice and black and sound deadened, and the weather has been to crappy for me to finish the driver side, ill get some pics tomorrow
    Last edited by supernova; 06-30-2010 at 10:30 PM.

2.8 liters of pure power! jasond's Avatar
    I'm glad you updated this thread. I love your truck. For 4 year old rattle can, it doesn't look too bad. I still haven't worked up the courage to rattle can mine yet. The rust on mine is getting patched in August, birthday present from my wife. :D

Man, that grill looks mean on there. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it haha, but I do have some ideas to try with the GMC grill I have. Are you thinking of doing a respray soon with the new bumper and grill?
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

id really like to get either a coat of dp90 on it or a full coat of flat orange, except for a few door dings and the hood experiment lol the body is straight enough for now to paint. But the rear bag work will come first, or if i get really bored it might get another coat of flat black rattle can, but we will see. Its high in my mind on the to do list, but low on priorities lol. Ive got a vacation coming up thats getting my extra money at the moment, but once i get back im sinking some into the blazer

Banned
    your new bumper doesnt have hole! you traiter!!

glad to see an update... Did you get REAL wingless hindges yet??

lookin good.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

yea, i bought some from mike (blazinlow) like 3 years ago lol, he even painted them for me before he shipped them, they rolled around in my cargo area for about two years, got chipped up and i put them in the shed hahaa. I never have a second hand to pull the rear glass, sooner or later ill have to get the GF to help. Up until recently i havent done shit to it except drive the wheels off it. I recently started redoing the interior and have kinda got back into it. Wrecking it got be back in the mood to work on it. Hitting up the junkyard for the bumper also scored me the stock fender flares, the stock power mirrors, some weather stripping i was missing a hood pop cable and some nice lighted/mirror sun visors.Also scored a set of super hard to find stock fog lights and brackets, the ones in the pics are the after market fogs i made brackets for and they shake around and suck compared to the stock ones. Oh and i also have a second gen overhead console i need to install too. I also bought a upholstery kit to redo the bench seat i put in it, it still sits in the house too lol

EDIT: and for the bumper, it wasnt planned lol. Sitting in traffic i took my foot off the brake, stopped paying attention and hit a trailer hitch lol my damn gmc grill was maybe 6 months old
    Last edited by supernova; 07-01-2010 at 12:39 PM.

disregard the mess, lol focus on the pretty interior panels lol

Its dirty but i took a picture anyways

And the clear corners woo

Gotta Love Stepshavers Sonomaguy's Avatar
    Love the grill, trying to find a decent one for myself.
    2003 Sonoma Ext Cab, ZQ8 suspension package. Billet antenna. TYC taillights. LoRider tonneau. Sylvania Silverstars. K & N FIPK.

Good luck, ive searched for a while for one. You can find them, just you will have to pay a fair amount for it. Now i need to find a new Rocket emblem for the center

I saw a perfect one at the Pull A Part here one day, and didn't go back for it. Stupid stupid.

The Blazer's looking good man, bagging the back is definitely the next step!