Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another sea-foam testimonial.

Another sea-foam testimonial.

I always thought sea-foam was something you use on tired old High milage engines, but today I was bored and decided to use some on my 80,000 mile 4.3L

Wow, I would say the throttle responce and overall-driveability of my truck was improved even more than when I used seafoam on my 300,000 miles toyota, or on my 178,000 Oldsmobile cutlass.

I did it in the parking lot of a movie theater, because I knew that I would be able to go for an hour without starting it up, so I did it at a movie theater and watched a movie (X-men 3) and came out and started up my truck after 2 hours. Throttle reponce is great now, and the engine over-all just sounds healthier.

Great stuff. :bigthumb:

I keep seeing threads about this, but I have no clue what it is. ANyone got a link or can take the time to explain what it is.

its besaically a can of kerocien(sp) and its eats away carbon build up in higher milage engines

Originally posted by tippmann243
    its besaically a can of kerocien(sp) and its eats away carbon build up in higher milage engines
    Yup, I used kerosein once but it didn't work as good as the sea-foam. Dunno if they add something else to it or what.

for 6 bucks a can, you cant go wrong, I use it in all my engines, big or small.

do either of you have a how-to for using it? I've heard ALOT of good about this stuff, I wouldnt mind giving it a try.

i usually do half in the gas then half in the brake booster line

or half in the crank case and half in the booster

if you do put some in the crank case you should change the oil within 500 miles

while sucking it in the booster i do 1/4 while the engine is running and then shut it off and 1/4 while its off

remove the vac line from the booster and SLOWLY pour it in the line, pour it fast enough that the motor bogs a tad but does not die ( pulling the booster line makes the truck run at about 2000 rpm)

after the 1/4 can is in shut it offput the remaining 1/4 can in and let sit for at leas 1 hour. then start up and smoke out the neighborhood

Originally posted by tippmann243
    i usually do half in the gas then half in the brake booster line

or half in the crank case and half in the booster

if you do put some in the crank case you should change the oil within 500 miles

while sucking it in the booster i do 1/4 while the engine is running and then shut it off and 1/4 while its off

remove the vac line from the booster and SLOWLY pour it in the line, pour it fast enough that the motor bogs a tad but does not die ( pulling the booster line makes the truck run at about 2000 rpm)

after the 1/4 can is in shut it offput the remaining 1/4 can in and let sit for at leas 1 hour. then start up and smoke out the neighborhood

Ditto.

But I use 1 can for the vacuum line and I let it sit not running for 15 minutes after it dies from sucking it in. Do it in a VERY open area, there will be a buttload of smoke when you start it back up, dont rev it let it work.
    Last edited by DetroitMuscle; 06-12-2006 at 09:17 PM.

basically the same as what I did, except I have a TBI so I just poured it slowly down the throttle body, then drowned it till it stalled, let it sit for 2 hours, then started it up. I did it 3 times today and it smoked every time, less and less every time. Heres a short video of the last start-up.

Seafoam Startup

I'm with banginjimmy, heard of it but never really knew what it was. I'd like to actually try this on our jimmy. It has a CPI. Would that make a difference on how to do it? And we use this engine cleaner for when we do oil changes. So I might try this seafoam as a substitute.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/795796

V-8 Swap

USMC here I come, July 24!

I agree with all of this except once the engine dies, don't pour any more in. It can all run to one runner and hydrolock the engine.

Teeleton
    89 Dark Blue Blazer : The Hotrod : Tuning in progress : 9.32@72 1/8th mile... new 1/4 times coming.
    89 Black Blazer : The Daily : 16.9@82
    Member of H.A.S.T.E. (Houston Area S-Series & T-Series Enthusiasts)
    Get your butt to the 2006 S-Series Nationals!
    hi scott

i saw a ad for it on the auto parts sign but i didnt know what it was... im gonna have to try some.
    it would be easier with more money.

my project thread

I've never used it yet because I was told it may clog your cat converter if you have a lot of carbon build up... is that true?
    Let's get my blazer running strong like a rock, like it was meant to be.

Originally posted by lowblazin94
    I'm with banginjimmy, heard of it but never really knew what it was. I'd like to actually try this on our jimmy. It has a CPI. Would that make a difference on how to do it? And we use this engine cleaner for when we do oil changes. So I might try this seafoam as a substitute.

Same vacuum line will work or even the PCV line. Id never "pour" it into the engine, let the engine suck it up and do its job.

the longer the chemical dwells the better it works.

Originally posted by DetroitMuscle
    Same vacuum line will work or even the PCV line. Id never "pour" it into the engine, let the engine suck it up and do its job.

the longer the chemical dwells the better it works.
    With a TBI I think pouring it in works pretty good, just pour it in for a very very short time on the throttle blades, it sucks it up, sputters a tad, then you just keep doing that untill most of the can is gone, then pour it in and let it stall and come back an hour or 2 and start it up and go for a smokey drive. :bigthumb: