Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another sea-foam testimonial.

Originally posted by hotrodblazer4.3
    I would suggest reading the information on their web site as to proper usage if there is any question. Here is a link: http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm
    Id actually wait for 30-60 minutes or more. I did one can at the 5 minute mark and another 5k or so later and waitted for an hour. The 5 minute one was very little smoke, the hour one had the neighbors wondering if I was going to need a new engine!
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

I used a complete can in my vac line and it helped my truck alot. It stopped smoking, it idles better, and has better throttle response. I really should do it again seeing as how I only waited 1 1/2 hours for it to sit. Not bad for 7 bucks at AutoZone!
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

so what about egr?

How should i go about my egr valve? I took it apart used carb cleaner and cleaned it alittle. Seems to have a rattle in it, Do i need a new one? Should I pour seafoam down the tube this valve comes from?=into the motor? I can see all the carbon just built up. Let me know the 2nd time i take this off i want it to be my last.

My avalanche,totaled 8( POSblazer's Avatar
    I tried some today in my Celica. I put 1/3 in the intake, 1/3 in the oil, and I'm going to add the other 1/3 to my gas later. It does seem to run a little better so far. It's a little hard to tell though because I got a bad tank of gas last time. I only waited 5 minutes last time. I'm going to get another can, and do it right next time.
    Update:My avalanche was totaled by my ex-gf. My business is in ruins. I now plan on finishing the engine repairs to my Saturn, and sell it. Once I get the bills paid off, I'm going to fix my Blazer.
    History:I bought a 2001 saturn sc2, then a 2005 avanche 1500 2wd, then a '87 S10 blazer 2dr 2wd on 07/24/2010, and on 04/01/2011 a '84 s10 blazer 2dr 2wd V8 drag racer(sort of)

i tried this stuff last week on my 92 blazer with 203,000 and on my 93 blazer with 190,000. on the 92 it got rid of my stumble and low speeds. i used 1/3 of the can and let it sit for 5 minutes. i used the vac line on the back of the intake. im gonna do it again and let it sit for the whole day at work. not bad for a free sample i got:bigthumb: .
    i should try this in my syclone to. that thing always has a skip at idle.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

wait longer folks, wait longer! and if you do it in the oil you have got to remember changing the oil out more often
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

anyone

94 jimmy 4.3 cpi. Can i get alittle better directions on how and where to put this crap. I have the egr off, and plan on putting it back on after i use seafoam then installing my new 200$ one. Let me know asap trying to do this sunday.

Buy a thing of sea-foam, start up your truck and let it get to full running temp, open the hood and look for the vacuum ball (large round plastic ball with hose attached) pour sea-foam into a clean cup, remove the vacuum hose from the vacuum ball, with engine running, slowly lower the hose into the cup and suck up the sea-foam. You'll want to suck it up fast enough to make the engine idle very low and rough, but not stall, you might stall the engine a few times when you first try it, just re-start the engine and try again, its best to just put the hose as close to the sea-foam as possible but not fully immerged. Let the engine suck up about 1/2 to 3/4 of a can. Turn the engine off, let it sit for atleast 10 minutes, the longer the better. Restart engine, and go for a drive. :bigthumb:

If this doesn't make sence its becaues I just woke up about 3 minutes ago and Im still 1/2 asleep.

alright im finally going to try this stuff in my blazer. it has 260,000 on it and its due for an oil change so putting it in the crank is an option since im going to be changing it. how much should i pour in and where.
    visit my site:
    My CarDomain site www.cardomain.com/id/lowblazer84

Body drop progress
    http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...20Body%20Drop/
    looks good :bigthumb:

2.8L v-6
    Bagged :D
    upcoming : sealing up floor and start interior

I used about 1/2 a can on mine, and then drove for 75-100 miles, then changed the oil AND filter. Then you drive for a while, mabye 500 miles and change the oil again to get rid of any left-over chunks that didn't come out the first time. Buy 2 cans, run 1 in though the vacuum ball line, and the 2nd in the crank. :bigthumb:

thing is its not a daily driver anymore so i rarely drive it on the weekends now since i got the other car. should i hold off on putting it in the crank or what.

and with the vacum ball line i just let it siphon into it?
    visit my site:
    My CarDomain site www.cardomain.com/id/lowblazer84

Body drop progress
    http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...20Body%20Drop/
    looks good :bigthumb:

2.8L v-6
    Bagged :D
    upcoming : sealing up floor and start interior

Banned
    Where are the vacume ball line located, into the front of the tb? I didnt think it had enought vacume there to suck it up fast enough.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by Superbee
    Where are the vacume ball line located, into the front of the tb? I didnt think it had enought vacume there to suck it up fast enough.
    Well with the TBI that hose goes from the vacuum ball to a T spliter and then to the MAP sensor, so it basically sprays the sea-foam right in the intake manifold, so I used that. I'll probably re-do it again in some hose that leads to the actuall TBI unit so i'll be sure all cylinders get some sea-foam goodness.

I have no luck

Well I used 1/2 can in the vac line, ran better, ready to install new egr valve. I turned on the heater for somereason today and antifreeze all over the inside of the blazer, I got it running good and now blew the heater core. I cant cetch a break. .

Re: I have no luck

Originally posted by secondwon
    Well I used 1/2 can in the vac line, ran better, ready to install new egr valve. I turned on the heater for somereason today and antifreeze all over the inside of the blazer, I got it running good and now blew the heater core. I cant cetch a break. .
    Aaah yes, the heater-core. I had to replace mine just about 1 1/2 months ago. Luckily I caught it before it totally blew out, it just sprang a small leak and had mabye a puddle the size of a quarter on my rubber floor-mat.

When you ran the sea-foam, did you make sure to turn off the engine right after you were done with the 1/2 can, and then let it sit for a while?