Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Another sea-foam testimonial.

i ran half can through the vac line, smoked as it went through then shut it off for about 45 mins started up smoked for a min or so then it was fine. didnt see much of a significant difference but there was some. im going to run it in the crank case this weekend as that will be the next time i drive it. i also drove it around yesterday and to work and back today ( roughly 120 miles) so ill try it in the oil and see how it goes.
    visit my site:
    My CarDomain site www.cardomain.com/id/lowblazer84

Body drop progress
    http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...20Body%20Drop/
    looks good :bigthumb:

2.8L v-6
    Bagged :D
    upcoming : sealing up floor and start interior

Originally posted by rydinlow84
    i ran half can through the vac line, smoked as it went through then shut it off for about 45 mins started up smoked for a min or so then it was fine. didnt see much of a significant difference but there was some. im going to run it in the crank case this weekend as that will be the next time i drive it. i also drove it around yesterday and to work and back today ( roughly 120 miles) so ill try it in the oil and see how it goes.
    Did you drive it right after you let it sit?

yeah thats when i started it up and idled for about 2 mins and then went driving for about 45 mins cruising around. about maybe 20- 30 miles. street and freeway
    visit my site:
    My CarDomain site www.cardomain.com/id/lowblazer84

Body drop progress
    http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...20Body%20Drop/
    looks good :bigthumb:

2.8L v-6
    Bagged :D
    upcoming : sealing up floor and start interior

Did it earlier. The smoke was sweet. Filled the backyard up while pouring it in and then smoked out the block as I drove around for about 10 minutes.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

Yea but

Yea i sucked up about 1/2 can let it sit, 1-2 hrs, then drove 2 miles untill it cleared up. Man the smoke was BAD, like I live in the country and went up the road, look behind me cant see the road or anthing behind the blazer, turned around and smoke was still lingering. I did however forget to put the vac line back on, would that cause any concern? Just wondering how my heater core went out like it did, a huge puddle below the glove box and it wont dry because its antifreeze.

built not bought pimpinblazer89's Avatar
    just put some seafoam in about an hour ago gonna go for a ride and see if it helps , my truck latly just doesnt seem to have the power it had
    Jeff
    89 4x4 blazer slammed shaved
    83 2wd blazer stock << frame for my 89
    85 olds 98 daily driver

http://www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinblazer89

AIM: pimpinblazer89

ok did it again?

I ran some more seafoam through the vac line. I let it get to running temp. Parked it then let it suck it up through the line, I go to turn it off and it was still running, after I turned the key it kind of slowely sputtered out and shut off. A loud knocking noise happened right before it shut clear down. I am almost afraid to start it up in 2 hrs to run it clean. Anyone have any idea, I know my egr valve is bad but am trying to clean all this carbon out before I put the new one it. Also after all this happened it smoked from the filter box and right from the top intake on the motor?

Banned
    im sure it was just a bunch of spark knock or pre ignition or somthing.

I bet a peice of hot carbon fell into the cyliner or head or somthing and it was causing the cylinders to fire.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Mother Trucker
    I love Sea-Foam. BUT, I think the smokeshow is better than the results. I think I'm going to get some today or tomorrow. LOL:rofl:

is it safe to pour in down the tbi?? for some reason i read somewhere that the air filter is like a backfire preventer or somehing like that? so to have it running without the air filter cover on and pouring sea foam in it (TBI), u run a risk of starting a fire?? is that true??

Banned
    you can put it down there. Its very unlikely it will start a fire. And it will most likely kill it, so you;ll probably have to do it when its off and let it soak for a while to loosen up the carbon. Make sure you get your engine nice and hot, it will work alot better.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

alright thanks man.. damn.. i went to NAPA to get me some (cuz i got some there b4) and now they're all sold out.. i guess people found out about it!!

anybody have a pic of where you put it in on the 2nd gen. the vacuum line. i'm not sure what line it is. you can tell me all day, but i need a pic.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

Try this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

ok i think i found the right hose. i'll attempt it this weekend.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.