Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Another sea-foam testimonial.

if you still aren't sure post a pic of your firewall with the hose you think it is circled. That will make it real easy for us to say yay or nay.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

i hardly noticed a difference wen i used seafoam.. i used it like 3 times and no difference at all.. first time.. 1/3 can each to gas, oil, and throttle body.. no diff.. second time was 1/2 can each to throttle body and gas, and the third time was mostly throttle body. dumped it in while running.. slowly, then poured it faster till it stalled. waited an hour and a half.. started it up.. not that much smoke.. and not that much dif.. only dif was the idle was just a tad smoother but only noticed it in the first coupel days after i sea foamed it. im doing it correct, but why dont i see a difference? u tihnk my motor is just not as dirty inside or wat? ...by the way.. i used this kleen flow air cleaner stuff and just sprayed it on the throttle body and wow. its like taking a pressure washed to all that yellowed out gum and varnish. throttle body was like brand new! shiny now! ..just as a recommend if u guys have tbi's... i have an 88 2.8..

Originally posted by willie_esco
    i hardly noticed a difference wen i used seafoam.. i used it like 3 times and no difference at all.. first time.. 1/3 can each to gas, oil, and throttle body.. no diff.. second time was 1/2 can each to throttle body and gas, and the third time was mostly throttle body. dumped it in while running.. slowly, then poured it faster till it stalled. waited an hour and a half.. started it up.. not that much smoke.. and not that much dif.. only dif was the idle was just a tad smoother but only noticed it in the first coupel days after i sea foamed it. im doing it correct, but why dont i see a difference? u tihnk my motor is just not as dirty inside or wat? ...by the way.. i used this kleen flow air cleaner stuff and just sprayed it on the throttle body and wow. its like taking a pressure washed to all that yellowed out gum and varnish. throttle body was like brand new! shiny now! ..just as a recommend if u guys have tbi's... i have an 88 2.8..
    It didn't do much to mine when I poured it in the throttle body, you have to do it via a vacuum hose.

for an 88 2.8 tbi?? wudnt that do the same thing though? i mean, thru a pcv hose or nething, will just lead straight to the tbi? correct me if im wrong, i just really want it to work haha. im kinda thinking maybe my engine isnt as dirty since most of the cleaners i use dont really do nething.. but after reading seafoam stuff i gave it a try believing it would, but i dont know.. any other suggestions?

Originally posted by willie_esco
    for an 88 2.8 tbi?? wudnt that do the same thing though? i mean, thru a pcv hose or nething, will just lead straight to the tbi? correct me if im wrong, i just really want it to work haha. im kinda thinking maybe my engine isnt as dirty since most of the cleaners i use dont really do nething.. but after reading seafoam stuff i gave it a try believing it would, but i dont know.. any other suggestions?
    Run it through a vacuum line, Im tell you, on mine it did jack shit when I poured it in the TBI, hardly any smoke at all, then I ran it though a vacuum hose and it made a huge difference and smoked like crazy. Also, I ran it on my 1984 toyota and it did the same thing, only really made a difference when ran though a vacuum line.

i'm gonna attempt it tuesday. so basically you pour it in just enough to keep it running correct. you dont want to over do it and make it stall. i'm gonna let mine sit for about an hr.

http://www.laydoutproductions.com/
    Contact me for any video questions.

Banned
    BARELY keep it running. If you start it and it doesnt smoke, that means you werent pouring it fast enought or and a low enought rpm and the engine just burned it off as fast as you put it it.

When i was young and dumb, i just hooked it up to a vac line onces and cranked it over and it sucked it up and none burnt off.

And yes, pouring it down the throttle body is the exact same as the vac line, but it will kill the eninge easier when pouring it down the t.b so you probably couldnt pour it as fast and it just burnt off.

Warm the eninge up real good, and then just pour it down there. It will sit in the runners and eat all that crap out.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

there seems to be a lot of confusion here in this thread

I've got my can and I'm about to attempt it

I guess I'll pull the vac line and i'm gonna let it suck it in till it stalls
    then wait 2 hours to start it

I'll take video
    wish me luck

I fed it the whole damn can

pulled the vac line and stuck it in the cup
    tried doing the just above the surface to let it suck then I shoved it to the bottom

engine kept right on chugging along

didn't stall so i finished off the can then shut it off

report and vids will be posted in a couple hours

Banned
    Well it obviously just burned it all off, so dont get your hopes up, it didnt do anything.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by Superbee
    Well it obviously just burned it all off, so dont get your hopes up, it didnt do anything.
    we'll see

it started to smoke right when i got to the end so I turned it off

I'll know in an hour

Holy crap that was a lot of smoke

I'll post vids when I can compress them and host em

should be later tonight

Originally posted by g0dl355
    Holy crap that was a lot of smoke

I'll post vids when I can compress them and host em

should be later tonight
    \m/

Kick ass mang, glad to see someone else got it on film.

http://s88455272.onlinehome.us/seafoam_inside.wmv

thats mine. :bigthumb:

woudl it be beneficial to follow this process withe all the seafoam and deep creep it too and then let it sit all night or is that too long ? thinking about doing it at night then driving in the morning ?
    [|||-]~[яıdє]-[аиd]-[dєѕтяоу]~[-|||]

Blacked out member. Mistersponge's Avatar
    I've let it sit overnight after foaming before startup before. No problems.
    -Brian
    02 Blazer Xtreme
    57 Chevy Bel Air
    Quote Originally Posted by DbBlazer View Post
    dude what do u think a trubo is? it is just a fan