Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another sea-foam testimonial.

Banned
    I dont really see the need. I think it would work best with 10 mins or so. Think about it, its just the same as grease and degreaser. You spray degreaser on and let it sit overnight its all just gonnna be dry and you'll be back where you started. You do it right after your engine is all hot, and put it on and after about 10 mins when its still soft and not all dried up you run it and wrap the engine up and blow as much loose sh*t out as you can.

savvy?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

when using seafoam what do u need to change out after the process? i know oil needs to be changed out what about spark plugs? since its burning all the carbon buildup?

It's a good idea to do oil and plugs especially if it has been awhile. Give it 500 miles or so to clean stuff up. I usually run about 2 tanks through before I change them out.
    Black 'n Tanazer, Long Bed, Coupe Quattro, Old Caddy, Old Rice

Member of the SCUDS Task Force
    Spike Clean Up & Disposal Service

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I did this on my truck last week and was pleasantly surprised. After running it through the vaccuum hose and letting it sit, I got the huge cloud of smoke. Afterwards I was able to break the tires loose again just by smashing the gas.

I did it to my car also but didn't get near the same results. Hardly any smoke at all and no noticable difference what so ever. It does have much less miles on it though too.

I got the same result with my girl's car. No cloud of smoke or anything, but it does seem to idle smoother after running a can in the tank, oil, and sucking about 1/2 can into the intake.

Banned
    i wouldnt bother running any in the oil. Plus you wont have to do an oil change.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
    i wouldnt bother running any in the oil. Plus you wont have to do an oil change.
    I ran 1/2 a can through my oil about 250 miles before an oil change. The oil came out all chunky and nasty looking. Now, after 3000 miles I change the oil and it comes out really smooth and just slightly darker than fresh oil. Really did a good job at cleaning up the bottom end.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I was due for an oil change, so why not? Hopefully it comes out as CB describes so I feel it actually made a difference.

My blazer is my other job 1998BlazeUp's Avatar
    i cant remember exactly where i was reading this but it was stated that when using in the oil there is a chance it could reveal a leak that may have been plugged with thick oil sludge
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2587692/1
    :whogives:
    peep the ride sign the guestbook!

Howz that fools?

My blazer is my other job 1998BlazeUp's Avatar
    i would love to see someone do a video how to on this ........
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2587692/1
    :whogives:
    peep the ride sign the guestbook!

Howz that fools?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998BlazeUp View Post
    i would love to see someone do a video how to on this ........
    I recorded one long time ago but never captured the video over to the PC.

Old thread bump... just put 1/2 a can in the oil and almost 1/2 (had some spillage, lol) in the vaccum line. Gonna fire it up then go put a can in the gas tank when I go to fill up. Video to come...

Alright, no video. Not gonna lie, it wasn't quite the smoke show I was hoping for, but ah well. Did everything else it was supposed to though, MUCH smoother idle, better throttle response, seems to run a little quiter as well... this is good shit :bigthumb: