Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: post pics of your 2.8!

post pics of your 2.8!

heres mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

theese engines are great i cant belive mine still runs. the odometer rolled over i dunno how many times. i have a weber carb on mine it made it alot easier to get up to freeway speeds

heres my 2.8

heres my 2.8

Im wondering if anyone on here has a 2.8 thats actually fixed up, you know, mabye someone dumped in some money and has a 2.8 that runs a 16 instead of a 20. I think that'd be pretty cool.

CBZED you blazer looks fuckin bran new....

when i start looking for my next project (which will be a first gen) im gonna have to go down south or to the west to look for one because it seems those are always best kept due to good weather. nice pictures by the way.
    4 door love

Originally posted by joe lb
    CBZED you blazer looks fuckin bran new....
    Thanks, mostly due to the fact my parents only drove it to church and the store, when I bought it off of them it only had 47,000 miles, and that was in 2002. Always garage kept.

Anyone have any fixed up 2.8L Pictures? I'd be curious to see if anyone has attempted to make a 2.8L quick.

Originally posted by CBZED101
    Im wondering if anyone on here has a 2.8 thats actually fixed up, you know, mabye someone dumped in some money and has a 2.8 that runs a 16 instead of a 20. I think that'd be pretty cool.

I am one that was dumb enough to try to fix up a 2.8. I don't remember the exact amount i dumped into it, but aftert shaving the heads, getting the motor acid dipped or whatever they do to clean it, paint, beefier cam, headers,and some misc junk i know my dad and i spent around 1000.....that's new sensors, basically a brand new motor. Why i did it i still don't know, i wouldn't do it again, wish i wouldn't have now, it has a little more pep, but it won't do 16's, i have an old post on here somewhere with it, i'll try to find it, but if not i will post some when i get home from work
    AIM: UscFella03

a few guys on s10 forum have some fast 60 degree v6. one turbo/efi that runs 13.2 and is capable of much more.
    im considering running a carbed turbo set up like that yellow c10 in truckin. my weber carb sitting on a t3/t4 turbo all polished would be very unique plus i believe the iron block 2.8's can really take a beating

I had a 2.8 in my 93 noma and hated it!! I like my cpi 4.3 in the blaze and I love my 4.3 vortec in my 97 x-cab
    89 2 door shaved door handles, emblems, moldings, antenna, wiper cowl,god fathers body kit (molded in the rear), cowl hood, fully bagged front,back,side to side with 1/2" everything.

thats why you are the buster

I think a 2.8 Motor would be OK if you had a single cab, short bed, 2WD S-10, with no power anything, no A/C, and nothing extra so the truck weighed as little as possible.

i hated my 2.8 and still do, i haven't cranked it up in about 4-5 months, i wouldn't have spent all that money in it if i could have foudn a 4.3 at the time, but i couldn't. And everyone told me a 350 swap in an automatic 4wd wasn't fun to do so i didnt....I have a 4.3 in my 93 s10 and i love it, i am suppose to go pick up a 4.3 vortec next week to swap out in my truck.

Fully Erect Member
    2.8's arent junk. actually they have a class in the dirt modified for small displacement v6's and there are some 350 hp 2.8s out there n/a on sunoco 120 with about 13:1 compression.