Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: post pics of your 2.8!

constant 12v

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar

just can't see spending a large amount of money on it.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

lol kyle. i hate my 2.8 in my blazer, all its good for is gettin me up to a safe speed to drag it lol, altho the 4.3 vortec in my zq8 goes not bad being a 5 speed.
    Originally posted by lycan
    I've been pwnd

Back in '95 I had a 2.8 built for my '84 4x4 Blazer. I spent $1800 on the block and heads alone then another $700 for the 2 piece Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl and a Mallory distributer. That thing would run circles around any 4.3 I put it up against and would run right with most Mustang 5.0 and 305 Camaro & Firebird. Kinda hard on auto tranny's though. I went through 4 of them in 2 years, also 3 flywheels and 2 more torque converters. I'm guessing the thing would have run a mid 15 second quarter mile' and had a wicked sound turning 6000rpm with the four barrels open!! I got tired of it nickel and dimeing me.

im dying to fix up my 2.8 screw the haters. im gonna try getting the heads machined for higher compression and installing this nos kit that ive had forever. once the bottom end gives out i will have it stroked to a 3.1 with forged pistons

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    like actuall NOS or do you mean nawwws? why spend a couple grand to make 200 ish hp?(if that) that will get horrible mpg and once you start raising the compression, drivablity starts going down.
    Last edited by BlazerINtheWork; 07-04-2006 at 12:21 AM.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

yea i mean atleast get a 3.4 and do it, the 3.4 can keep up with the 4.3 easy
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

im trying to blow some shit up over here, gimme a break
    i got some new pics. i added a msd coil and painted the engine compartment. gonna start tearing it apart soon
    Attached Images Attached Images

couple more

yes half of the firewall is black primer and the other half satin black. fixing that tommorow i just caught some good light and felt like taking pics

Looks pretty good so far. :bigthumb:

Im actually pretty interested in this 2.8 build. Always see v8's and then on S-seriesforum you always see 4.3 builds, but not many 2.8's...should be something new and interesting. You should get some before and after runs, take it to track or something. :bigthumb:

ill get a gtech time before i tear it apart, its probably 17.5 or so right now so i dont wanna take it to a drag strip lol. i do wanna run the nitro on the stock motor a few times before i tear it apart. im gonna make a hand made alluminum carb spacer for the nozzles. i think it can handle 75 shot easily.
    still gotta order a edelbrock cam and 2 peice intake maniold. but first i still gotta get it smogged. ive been rolling with 2004 tags for a few months now and i drvie right past the police station every day to work

I should put that one in my sig...

"Damn, thats a true performance motor there."

Seriously, though... who owns that supercharged 2.8? I just want to know so I can go smack the hell out of him/her for not spending the money on an LT1 or LS1 that probably makes better gas mileage :-)

This makes me want to start a thread on fast 2.5's... oh... wait, there aren't any :-) Mine (the one in the picture) will blow any stock 2.8 off of the road... as soon as I put the T5 back together, lol.

edit: and before anybody invokes the 'holy' hotrod 2.5 build article, it was just a joke. But you guys are still crazy. I dumped a ton into the 87 4x4's 2.8 when I should have bought a 3.4 for it. Oh well, it's been sold and totalled for 2 years now, lol. I'm down to 3 1st gen's now, lol.
    Last edited by dum bass; 07-07-2006 at 07:06 PM.

ive only bought stuff i can switch over to a 3.4 and this truck was $400 with the 2.8 it has in it now. i think the tranny has been replaced tho cause its clean and the engine is covered in greasy dirt. plus it actually shifts right so you know its not stock haha
    im just trying to see what the limitations are on this 2.8. thier is so many 2.8s or 3.1's with trannys that people are dying to get rid of. so why not try to blow one up if thier is a nitrous kit at your disposal?
    im working on my exaust wich features a magnaflow cat and dynomax muffler next is a crane 272 cam and edlebrock intake manifold and T.E.S. headers since i have to deal with smog untill i take over the government :)

so true, 2.8 parts are everywhere and peopel prety much give them away, u could be bliowing shit up for years to come
    :D
    RUN WITH SIZZORS!!!, I DO!!!

94 sonoma ext cab daily

86 blaze 2 dr 2wd ... v8 and layd on 18's