Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sy/ty key question

Question sy/ty key question

some threads say that to go to the local GM parts dealer and have them order the sy/ty keys. then i read that the keys wont fit. so whats what will they or not i dont know. Could i order the belltech kit and how low does it lower it.i would like to get the front about 3". does the kit lower that far, if not could i take out the adjuster bolt with the kit, would that lower it more.Also one more ? could i use air shocks in the front of a 4x4? thanks for the help.
    1986 two wheel drive s-10 blazer

....Who needs demons when there.....
    ...are chicks...

hey fusion, im actually wondering the same thing about those sy/ty keys because ive heard both too...the belltech kit lowers ur truck from 1" - 3" in the front (depending on how far u back the bolt out of the key) and 3" in the rear...yes u can take the adjuster bolt out with the kit and that will give u the full 3"...im not sure about the air shock question...CTOWN started a petition to get belltech to start selling their torsion keys seperate from the kit so people can jus buy the keys and not have to buy leafs with them...if u could jus take a minute and sign the petition so we can get this to go through...theres a thread on the 4x4 section entitled "Want BellTech Drop Keys" and u can get the link for the petition and more information about it in that thread...try and spread the word about this petition too...thanks a lot

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Hey guys, let me clear something up. The Belltech kit lowers the truck more than 1 - 3. The minimuim it will do is around 2 - 2.5. and it maxes out around 4 or so. I have done this to a Bravada. The stock keys will allow you for a 1 - 2 inch drop. The Belltech kit is a good choice for a mild drop on a 4x4. As for the Sy/Ty keys, I can't see how they CAN'T work??? It's the same suspension as a 4x4, just with the different keys. I have read somewhere that Belltech actually made (or designed??) the keys for them. I don't have any proof of that though. I just vaguely remember reading it somewhere. As for the air shocks, you could use them if you wanted. A normal drop shock would work well enough though. If I missed anything, just ask. I have experience with doing this drop.

hey thanks s10blazed...i was jus wondering y it maxes out at around 4? belltech says it only goes 3...anyway will the sy/ty keys max out at around 4 also...obviously because they are the same key right? and if u could can u show me a pic of a blazer with the belltech drop..if u have one or what one would look like...u know how low its gonna look...because i wanna get a good lookin drop but i dont wanna go real low where im gonna have to c-notch the frame and everything...thanks..peace

4 inches is a estimate. I haven't measured it exactly. Maybe S/T Lover did?? I'll ask him or maybe he'll post any measurements that he took. Here are a few pics.

This is the new key

Here is the "BEFORE"

Another "BEFORE"

Here it is with the adjuster bolt heads even with the crossmember (I cant remember how far in they were) The rear is 3 inch blocks.

Another

Last one

Those tires are equivelent to a 235/75/15. He has since gone down a signifigant size. Maybe we can convince Sean into gettin us some new pictures. I forgot the last time I saw him.

yea that looks sweet thats pretty much exactly the drop i want...when u say the adjuster bolts are even with the crossmember is that with the new reindexed key in there or still the old one? haha his name is Sean so is mine...thanks a lot bro...some new pics would be great..peace

yeah, thats with the new keys. Even how it sits in that picture, it can go down or up a small bit. We adjusted it more with the new tires. I'll have to ask him where I left the bolts or see if he moved them.

thats the belltech keys right? i love all these badasses with their 5/6 drop who say "oh ur gonna be sorry after u get that 3/3 belltech drop when u dont even notice a drop" thats bullshit u can more than notice that drop...haha sorry about that but yea that drop looks real nice...lemme know if u get some more pics..thanks

haha u must be on the forum right now..our replys are crossin in cyberspace...haha u got an aim sn or somthin? pm me with it if u want...peace

my AIM name is in my profile. hit me up if you wanna chat. And I am not 100% sure those are Belltech keys, he bought them off of Drunk411 I beleive. But I think they are.

Damn I knew that my ears were burning. Whew! Anyways, I'm Sean lol.. As John said, I dropped won to a 225/55 tire, which is significantly lower profile that those pictures.. I also have left the bolts out to where they were when we adjusted them when I got my new tires on... I measured the front drop with a stock bravada around my area and it was somewhere between 3.25 and 3.5 " up front, along with the 3" blocks in the rear. I'd love to get some new pictures up, but I dont have a digi camera, but maybe I can con my grandma into letting me see her polaroid? lol.. Anyways, with my drop there is no notch or anything, just grinding down of the bumpstops about half way.. Any other questions, post em back up, and ill try to get some new pictures of my truck...
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

Just go to Robinson this Sunday, I'll get you some new pics. Maybe Berto will go too and we'll have a Mini BlazinLow meeting.

hell yea i love that drop man...one question u think id be able to sneak some 18's with low pros under there if not what about 17's with low pros? cant wait for those pics..thanks a lot

oh by the way about that rim question i dont want to tuck em...is it possible without tuckin? thanks

you'd have to go REALLY low pro. Also you'd need a high offset. At least +40.