Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sy/ty key question

it wont be TOO bad. Definitly will ride noticably rougher.. but if you're lowering it anyways you'll never be able to tell. It rill ride rougher no matter what.
    yea definetly...what tires u think i should go with...i was thinkin about gettin nitto's

i also have a question...what is the main reason people do not want to buy the belltech kit? they want the keys only...do they not just want the leafs and want to get blocks?
    yes..they want to either get blocks or bag it in the rear

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Originally posted by Blazin89

i was thinkin about gettin nitto's
    Best tire on the market for everyday driving is the Michelin Pilot XGT. It grips nice, and wears even nicer. It may not be the best for a high performance vehicle, but definitly a BIIIG improvement over any Nittos I have ever seen.

sweet..ill take ur word for it and go with those then..thanks a lot...one question too how do u get the originally posted by thing to show up in a qoute thats been killin me...peace

its part of the quote option... just click quote from inside the post you want to quote from.

Originally posted by s10blazed
    its part of the quote option... just click quote from inside the post you want to quote from.
    haha aight i think i got it now thanks a lot

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S/T Lover
    [B]FUSIONBLAZE - What you need to do to achieve the look of my truck is to replace the torsion bar keys and crank the bolts to the desired level of drop you want, and then install either 3" blocks or 3" leafs to get the rear end lower.. Leafs give a better ride and give more opporunity for more lowering in the future, but are quite a bit more expensive. Also, as of right now I have had no transmission or transfer case problems. I don't see anything occuring the with the transfer case because of the lowering because I dont have two different sized tires on the front and back, I dont see how the lowering would do anything to the transfer case. As for the transmission, I talked to a friend of mine who works in a tranny shop and he said that It's not lowered enough to change the angle of the driveshaft, therefore there shouldn't be any added stress to the transmission because of the lowering

WHAT KEYS DO I REPLACE THEM WITH, ARE THEY THE BELLTECH KEYS? IF THEY ARE THEN HELL YEA IM GETTING THE KIT BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE THE LEAFS WITH THEM. TO MUCH BAD CRAP I HEARD ABOUT THE BLOCKS.
    1986 two wheel drive s-10 blazer

....Who needs demons when there.....
    ...are chicks...

yea he's got belltech keys on his bravada with blocks

There is nothing wrong with blocks. Only the person who installs them. (no offense to anyone who has had bad experience with blocks)

yea...how much do blocks run vs. leafs...and do leafs give u a noticeably smoother ride or are they about the same...oh and one more thing how do leafs give u more options to lower in the future vs. blocks?

Leafs are rather expensive. I forget exactly what they cost but blocks are no more than $25 for the pair. If you only go a few inches I don't think you will notice a difference. The only difference I could tell with my 5" drop on my S10 and my 3" blocks on my Blazer is the fact that the S10 bottoms out. Also, the leafs give you more options because you can add blocks to leafs. Its harder to add leafs to blocks if you get my drift.

yea i gotcha thanks a lot

I THOUGHT THE BELLTECH KEYS WERE CHROME OR SILVER LOOKING. AT LEAST THEY ARE IN THE PICTURE OF THE 4X4 LOWERING KIT.
    1986 two wheel drive s-10 blazer

....Who needs demons when there.....
    ...are chicks...

they're steel man.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Peolpe where asking why people don't just buy the BellTech kit and stop complaning that you can't buy the keys seperately. Well, it's true that if you want to go down 3" in the rear that lowering leaves and drop shocks will ride way better than blocks and stock shocks. And someone said what's wrong with bocks, well, nothing, if you take the time to saw off the nipples and drill through them so you can put a grade 8 steel bolt through the whole leaf and block assembly. The torque leverage of blocks is enough to topple them with a lot of hourse power. Road salt eats them up pretty quick in the north. Pretty simply, BLOCKS BREAK! So why not opt for the leaves: weight is first on my list. They are expensive as hell to ship form Cali, on top of being expensive in the first place. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money, I'd rather get a 4 link! If I'm setting on a fiberglass mono leaf with a coil over shock, why the hell would I wanna go back up and add all that weight? And with only being a 3" drop, you still have to use blocks anyway to get it even with the 4" front drop with the keys. I've gotta hand it to BellTech for making the drop keys for 4X4's, but to package them with the leaves and not sell them seperately is a dumb move. They'd sell a lot more if they were seperate cuz people would just order the 3" blocks with them and remove 1 leaf until they got their bags.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"