Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick question about accidents...

Quick question about accidents...

Last night I was in an accident with my truck and it pretty much fucked the front end up. Both of my airbags deployed and I'm just wonderin' how much it costs to get 'em, for lack of better words, repacked?

I've heard many different amounts but I just wanna know if my insurance'll total it out so I can something different or if I'll be forced to get it repaired.
    Only thing 4 doors are good for is...1 car...

You could also get used airbags on ebay for as low as $15.00
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

:( Man......Im sorry to hear that. If they want to total it out, buy it back and put a trailblazer front end on it.:bigthumb:You may be able to do that with whats left over from the fat check they give you:D Its not an accident, its an opportunity for some new mods!! Thats what I did when my wife smacked up my spoiler and tailgate....One possible problem, do you still owe on it?

As far as the air bags. E-bay for sure.

If you want to take the budget route, Im sure the guys on this site can help you re-build it. Heck, they probably have alot of the parts you need sitting around. I would def keep it if you can.

If you cant, strip it clean of everything that is aftermarket and dont forget to sell me your door hinges for cheap ;) I got first dibs.:smoker:
    CRUCIFIED CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB

http://lhfriv.org/crucified_car_club

Sponsors:

Rims/Tires: KMC Wheels

http://kmcwheels.com/

Sunroof/Interior: Corona Sunroofs

http://www.coronasunroofs.com/

Fiberglass work:Epicenterdesigns

EPICENTERDESIGNS

Re: Quick question about accidents...

Originally posted by Slicker
    Last night I was in an accident with my truck and it pretty much fucked the front end up. Both of my airbags deployed and I'm just wonderin' how much it costs to get 'em, for lack of better words, repacked?

I've heard many different amounts but I just wanna know if my insurance'll total it out so I can something different or if I'll be forced to get it repaired.

Sorry to hear that! I dont know how much it cost they just totalled out my last truck.......
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2424845

http://www.myspace.com/8404004

Originally posted by 04XT
    :( Man......Im sorry to hear that. If they want to total it out, buy it back and put a trailblazer front end on it.:bigthumb:You may be able to do that with whats left over from the fat check they give you:D Its not an accident, its an opportunity for some new mods!! Thats what I did when my wife smacked up my spoiler and tailgate....One possible problem, do you still owe on it?

As far as the air bags. E-bay for sure.

If you want to take the budget route, Im sure the guys on this site can help you re-build it. Heck, they probably have alot of the parts you need sitting around. I would def keep it if you can.

If you cant, strip it clean of everything that is aftermarket and dont forget to sell me your door hinges for cheap ;) I got first dibs.:smoker:
    I've already thought of the modding. If they don't total it out I'm gonna have 'em throw an Envoy front end on it probably. Or I might even just take it to stock. I'm not sure yet.

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow

As long as the repairs will be cheaper than the price of your truck, they shouldnt total it. I dont think its that expencive to swap out the front clip.
    VLAD

My 95

Originally posted by slammins15
    You could also get used airbags on ebay for as low as $15.00

i hope by used you dont mean that literally
    :p:

just pop in a bag of popcorn and have a jolt of a few hundred volts go thru it when you have impact...

not only will it cusion you, youll have a tasty snack while you wait on the five oh to show.

Im kidding ofcourse, sorry to hear of your misfortune.
    Now you can get rid of that godawful front airdam and replace it with the Envoy clip :bigthumb:
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.

Originally posted by FabianSS357

Now you can get rid of that godawful front airdam and replace it with the Envoy clip :bigthumb:
    Ahhh...the honesty doesn't come out until it's gone. I actually liked it but apparenlty you aren't the only one that hated it.

I didn't check eBay and I found several auctions for the airbags so if they decide to fix it I'll no doubts save myself several hundred dollars by going that route.

your putting yourself at risk using used airbags, I know that the shop I used to work at wouldn't even think about it for liability(sp)
    reasons. You should replace the airbag sensors as well

I'd leave them out before I'd replace them with used ones, there cheap for a reason

I watched a guy put in a used driverside bag in only to have it blow up in his face when he tried to plug it in. I couldn't tell you why it did the battery wasn't even in at the time. He'd tell you that the broken glasses, busted nose, and black eye he got when his hand flew up and smacked him in the face wasn't a very good deal, in fact he ended up replacing the whole system with new parts from the factory so his cheap fix ended up just being a waste of time and money.

Banned
    He's lucky he wasnt decapitated. maybe next time he'll follow the procedure instead of just unplugging the battery.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

So because your friend installed them wrong and they broke his nose its the fault of the airbag??? So does that mean if he was installing a stereo and poked the heavy yellow wire looking for power and the bags went off its not his fault either its because the test light was too cheap? airbags removed from trucks that havent been deployed are just fine for re use. Installer error is why your frind broke his nose.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

SIk Addictions
    Ebay would be the cheapest for sure maybe not the safest, I wouldnt replace the driver side bag, get a custom wheel for it, air bags hurt, and if you realy wanted to put like an 8inch monitor in the passenger side just my thoughts. Glad to see your ok though man sorry about the truck!

oh man I wish you could have seen it this guy thinks that he's the shit when it comes to auto collision and he damn near broke his nose. Clearly it was installer error

he followed his procedure straight to the ER and then had to explain to our boss why he had his car in the shop working on it at lunch when he got back

not saying that it was the bags fault, just saying that I wouldn't put my life on the line by depending on an airbag purchased off ebay or any other used one for the matter. Purchased used you never know what your getting untill you already have it. I'd go with the popcorn idea first:D.

I know that no shop around here would install one that was used at least not with out a liability release

personally I don't like a face full of powder and i drive with my hand on top of the wheel most of the time so I'd leave em out.

and believe me you never heard me call that moron a friend, former co-worker, huge difference

Last edited by <s.i.c.>; 06-25-2006 at 02:40 PM.

I dont really get what the hell is a "used" air bag. If it didnt pop, then its not used. If the guy got popped in his face with a "used" one, that sucks, but I bet he would feel alot worse if he spent $200 on it instead of $20.
    VLAD

My 95

Originally posted by Slicker
    Ahhh...the honesty doesn't come out until it's gone. I actually liked it but apparenlty you aren't the only one that hated it.

I didn't check eBay and I found several auctions for the airbags so if they decide to fix it I'll no doubts save myself several hundred dollars by going that route.

Im glad you didnt see that offensive, i never said i hated it, its not as bad as some i have seen. Not my particular style, but it always seemed to suit your needs so it was fine with me.

As far as the bags, i dont see a problem using used bags as long as you can be for certain they werent on a vehicle that didnt deploy them when it should have. I would be weary of buying them from a wrecked vehicle. I mean in most cases they SHOULD have deployed if it was a bad enough wreck to part the vehicle right?
    Either way, like i said good luck and keep us posted
    Superbee is a Flaming homosexual!
    A firm believer that women are physcotic.