Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick question about accidents...

I believe the problem is that the bank still owns his Blazer...
    CRUCIFIED CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB

http://lhfriv.org/crucified_car_club

Sponsors:

Rims/Tires: KMC Wheels

http://kmcwheels.com/

Sunroof/Interior: Corona Sunroofs

http://www.coronasunroofs.com/

Fiberglass work:Epicenterdesigns

EPICENTERDESIGNS

Originally posted by 04XT
    I believe the problem is that the bank still owns his Blazer...
    Word. I guess it depends on whether or not you own your vehicle or not. I've seen numberous examples when insurance company will simply tow your vehicle and then they will call you when its ready for you to come pick it up. They will not even ask you where you want it fixed. Because you dont actually own it untill you pay off the loan to the bank.

Such was the case with my friends f-150 and my moms focus.
    VLAD

My 95

I do still owe the bank for the truck but I've had pretty free range with who I wanted to fix it. I took it to this dealership because they're a primary repair facility for State Farm and it cut out alot of phone calls, paperwork, and red tape.

I went by the dealership today to ask some questions about what I can and can't have done to the truck. The aftermarket hood is thrashed so I asked about that and they won't order it for me so I'd have to order it and pay for it out of pocket and they'd reimburse me. I don't have that kind of money right now so that's out. They are however (to the dismay of several forumites :p: ) gonna be able to salvage the airdam and repaint and install that. I have to get a stock hood but I asked about the hood squirters and he said they'd weld 'em up. I have the stock headlights so that's a savings for me.

All in all he said that with what I have and what I want done I should be receiving a check from them for what I didn't spend of the estimate. I'll just have to buy some new projectors and move on from there.

FYI I asked about the airbags and he said that for both of them it came to around $2,200 in case you're wonderin'.
    Only thing 4 doors are good for is...1 car...

Well, I got it back yesterday and it looks really fucking good but at the same time it looks weird with just the stock hood now. This just showed me how bad the paint really is and how badly I need to get the whole truck resprayed.

Also, on a good note, I received my new headlights and corners yesterday as well so I don't have to roll with any stockers there either.

I'd sell the stock headlights and signals but with the way things are going I'll be in another accident in a couple of months anyways.:rofl:

I'll try and get some pictures up but the fucking weather is disagreeable today.

Also the whole bill, including rental, came out to $8,500 of which I only paid a grand total of just under $100. Not bad if I do say so myself.
    Only thing 4 doors are good for is...1 car...