Thread: 6 speed question

6 speed question

im going to be putting the blazer down to do the v8 conversion my question is has anyone backed up their v8 with a 6 speed and what all was involved to do it. i searched and couldnt find anything. thanx for any help.......

i can answer any 6 speed swap question you have but im going to need a little background

what type of v8 is it gen II and older or a gen III motor and also what style t56 are you planning on running lt1 or LS1 style?

its a 1970 350 4 bolt block going to be using edelbrock fuel injection and a t-56 is what id like to use

sorry the t-56 is coming out of a 94 z28

The 70 block is gonna have the larger crank pattern, and the 2 peice rear main seal.

The 94 tranny is unique. Those years it was behind the LT1 motors, which are a 1 peice rms crank.

Being a unique tranny, you have to use LT1 stuff for it. The flywheel, and clutch will only work that tranny. Nothing will interchange.

Centerforce(and probably a few others) makes a special flywheel so you can use that tranny with the older blocks that had the 2 peice rms. Since you can't bolt the stock LT1 style flywheel to those cranks.

No other real problems. Just have to figure how your gonna join the s-10 master cylinder and the F-body slave cylinder.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.