Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: V8 Exhaust

  1. #46
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by Superbee
    your CEL works still too doesnt it??
    No idea what CEL is. And for the prom, I've tried 5 different ECM's now, and all do the same thing.

  2. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    check engine light. Well, they could have all been the wrong ones? The right computer wont mean anything unless it had the right prom


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  3. #48
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by Superbee
    check engine light. Well, they could have all been the wrong ones? The right computer wont mean anything unless it had the right prom
    The check engine light flashes, but grounding that one wire does not flash any codes to me at all, for some reason that part doesn't work. Are you SURE I need a regulator? If so, then I'm pretty sure that'll fix my problem. I think the 2.2's ran at like 44 PSI

  4. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    no, you dont need a regulator because your throttle body has one built in, but i would check the pressure still.


    That would really help you if you can check the codes man! Well, if its blinking like that, that means you have the wrong prom for thecomputer if im not mistakin. Thats what mine did when i stuck the 4.3 prom in the 1227747 computer. That would definatly be a problem.

    Is it just a steady flash the whole time?


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  5. #50
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by Superbee
    no, you dont need a regulator because your throttle body has one built in, but i would check the pressure still.


    That would really help you if you can check the codes man! Well, if its blinking like that, that means you have the wrong prom for thecomputer if im not mistakin. Thats what mine did when i stuck the 4.3 prom in the 1227747 computer. That would definatly be a problem.

    Is it just a steady flash the whole time?
    Well I pulled all the computers from full sizes at the junkyard. They'd have to be a 350 or 305. What prom do I need?

  6. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    just a prom from a 350. And a computer with that id i said earlier.


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  7. #52
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by Superbee
    just a prom from a 350. And a computer with that id i said earlier.
    Then I have that. Could it be lack of exhaust on the system? Oxygen getting in straight to the oxygen sensor?

  8. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    naa, i ran around with with open headers no exhaust, a dangling o2, and the 4.3 computer for a day raising hell and it still ran ok, meaning it never died, but it definatly didnt idle too good. Like how bad is it running? With the o2 getting that much air, it isnt going to run that good but its not going to be horrible, i dont know how to explain it.


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  9. #54
    Registered User lycan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,105
    Originally posted by Superbee
    naa, i ran around with with open headers no exhaust, a dangling o2, and the 4.3 computer for a day raising hell and it still ran ok, meaning it never died, but it definatly didnt idle too good. Like how bad is it running? With the o2 getting that much air, it isnt going to run that good but its not going to be horrible, i dont know how to explain it.
    I had it rippin' and roaring. It was idling smooth, and I was revving it to like 4k I believe it was (No tach yet) and it was running nicely, then it started to run a little shitty the next time I started it. The tank was on empty, so I figured that was the reason for it to start to bog down. The engine back fired once and that made the CEL start to flash, and from then on is when it started to flood and run crappy.
    Edit: Backfired and threw code and started running crappy, then I restarted it and it stalled right away then wouldn't start anymore.
    Last edited by lycan; 07-04-2006 at 10:37 AM.

  10. #55
    Registered User ednigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    HERE!
    Posts
    663
    superbee... what kind of mufflers you runnin'?
    I don't FAIL...
    I succeed in finding what doesn't work!!!

  11. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    flowmaster super 40's.


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •