Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: V8 Exhaust

Originally posted by BlazerINtheWork
    if you have a local trading post, check those. i got lucky and got my very used (but ceramic coated) shorties from our trading post for $50. other than that, ebay or save up and go thru jegs/summit.
    I just posted on our local trading classifieds, but I'm contemplating on bidding on some on ebay instead of waiting for the classifieds... what do you suggest?

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    just becarefull of ones on ebay. some try to sell those cheap no name ones with a paper thin flange. if they are trusted brands that random people are selling, i say go for it. just be cautious of the cheapies.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

I bid on some heddman. I'm seriously contemplating on just finding a driver's side manifold......
    I just went and checked to see how the manifold I have would fit and it will fit good, so if I don't win this auction, I'm just going to use that. Shitty thing is it doesn't have a spot for my oxygen sensor. Fucking puzzles. Welding on cast iron is a bitch too. Sigh
    Last edited by lycan; 07-02-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Originally posted by lycan
    I bid on some heddman. I'm seriously contemplating on just finding a driver's side manifold......
    will you stop that. just get the damn headers and be done with it. you can cut corners on everthing man.....
    4 Door Love

ebay link , some long tubes....
    4 Door Love

Originally posted by BlazerINtheWork
    ebay link , some long tubes....
    I'm not even sure hedders will fit. I'll probably have to end up getting a different blower assembly that doesn't have a/c, and in order to take the one out, I have to pull the engine forward. :(
    And I don't have $350 to spend on headers. If I did that I wouldn't have money to finish the truck at all....

Yep. My dad told me to just use the manifold that I have, so I am. Tired of fucking around with it. The engine won't start now because the plugs are flooded, once again. I don't understand why it's injecting so much fuel into it. Swear I should just get a 4.3 computer. I think my 2.8 computer hooks up to it, too. I'll try that computer after I clean out the sparkplugs once again.

:rofl: :rofl:
    OK. Someone in my local classifieds called me and told me I can have his v8 s10 headers, and the entire exhaust system, including the flowmasters for $100. So my dad told me to take that deal... Heh.
    Plus I went to the junkyard today and got a little something...
    I already had the seats from the last s10. I needed a floor shifter and figured this was the best route since I love stock looking stuff.
    But the guy with the headers is getting back to me this wednesday... You guys may win by me keeping the flowmasters on, but you never know with me.... HAHA
    Attached Images Attached Images

The guy said the headers aren't the wrap-around kind. What headers is he talking about?>

Banned
    you can put the o2 on the pipe below the heder/manifold. it will still be close enough to the engine. You shouldnt have a problem with the a/c box, and you dont have to move the engine, just beat the hell out of it untill it shatters apart, thats what i had to do because it was touching my engine basically.

dont put the 4.3 computer in, it will run like shit, its going to pulse the injectors so much more at idle it will barely run, and it will get super lean at higher rpms.. Your just going to have to trouble shoot.

Get the serial numbers off injectors to double check the flow rates, check fuel pressure crap like that.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Don't TBI's automatically adjust fuel pressure? I'm running on the fuel pressure from the 2.2's fuel pump.

Banned
    nope, they are preset, usually around 12 or so.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

So possibly that's the reason my TBI is flooding quite badly??
    My dad said he was watching the injectors and it was shooting a shit load of fuel in for some reason.
    I really hope this fixes the problem. :)

Banned
    You said your are runnning that 1227747 computer weren't you? Are you DEAD positive which prom it has?? (from what engine)

Yeah, just check the f-p too and make sure it doesnt go down when you snap the throttle. IF you have a fuel gauge with a bleed off on it you should check the volume, it should roughly fill a 1/2 quart of oil bottle within 30 seconds or somthng like that.

Banned
    your CEL works still too doesnt it??