Thread: 350 Swap Question

Question 350 Swap Question

Hey guys, i have an offer for a 350 4bolt main, complete engine for $50 and an Automatic 4spd tranny out of an 77 camaro for $100....i was just wondering if it'll fit in my 92 S10 blazer with minor mods, if anyone can gimmie heads up on it, i know i would have to change the motor mounts, thats a given, and move the stock tranny X member for the 350 tranny, can anyone gimmie a few things i would definitly have to do to make it fit, let me know, thanks..

Re: 350 Swap Question

Originally posted by jeff84
    Hey guys, i have an offer for a 350 4bolt main, complete engine for $50 and an Automatic 4spd tranny out of an 77 camaro for $100....i was just wondering if it'll fit in my 92 S10 blazer with minor mods, if anyone can gimmie heads up on it, i know i would have to change the motor mounts, thats a given, and move the stock tranny X member for the 350 tranny, can anyone gimmie a few things i would definitly have to do to make it fit, let me know, thanks..
    Just make sure that everything you get is compatible with everything else.
    Make sure speedo is either cable driven or electric, and transmission is the same.
    4.3 Radiator is known to work the best behind two electric pulling fans (I believe).
    Custom wiring will have to be done, as you know. You may have to have the driveshaft cut (or use axle setback plates like what I did...)
    But the 4 bolt mains is a nice deal :D

so you think thats a good deal 350 and tranny for 150? lol id say so myself.

Originally posted by jeff84
    so you think thats a good deal 350 and tranny for 150? lol id say so myself.
    Yep
    But I got a better deal for mine. I got a roller engine for free and a 700r4 for $46 :D

Thumbs up

nice dude

when you say complete ............ in addition to the alternaotr , starter, power steering carb, distribnutoir, flexplate ......... try to get all the extras like power steering lines and brake booster hoses, exhaust manifold, unless you are going to headers.

IMO, 4 bolts are more emotional than real, ........................ but they do resell better for that reason

which tranny is it again ................... 4 speed or 350?

not that it really matters , but the 4 speed 700R4 will give better gas milage because of the overdrive, make sure to get the convertor and the bolts

the tranny is a 350, i will make sure i do get all those parts, and it comes with heads aswell.