Thread: '94 LT1 w/ TH350

'94 LT1 w/ TH350

Alright, I've looked around, I've figured out I think...

- The radiator I'm going to use
    - The headers

Now, do they make solid motor mounts? or only ones that use the 2.8 pads?

And since I have the 4wd frame, though the only part remaining of the 4WD is the transfer case, I'm going to have to figure out something for the tranny mount yes?

Should I just go ahead and get the headers from Summit since they say they're for 4WD swaps also?

JTR has the cheapest looking mounts right now, so I'm guessing that would be the way to go.
    tame the devil under your feet
    '94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille

Banned
    Get the gtr's and the 2.8 frame mounts. Dont get the solid. If the 2.8's break, there is no where for anything to go because it has metal ALL the way around it so they are a great mount.

You can save some money and get the 2wd headers iif you want to tap a few notches in the header tubes and grid a little off the shock towers maybe.

And yes, you will have to get some steel and make a crossmember, which should be REALLY easy.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Sounds good on the mounts!

Bit confused, as summit doesn't seem to differenciate between 4WD and 2WD headers... The Sanderson's I found are also cheaper but don't say what frame they'll fit.

Or are you saying get the JTR headers also? If so what size primaries should I get then? 1 1/2",1 5/8" or 1
    3/4"? Cam later on and some tuning is all I plan to be doing to the motor really.

Going to pick up the motor and tranny later this week hopefully, as he wasn't home today for me to get it...:mad:
    '94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille

Got it home tonight.... missing the power steering pump and A/C compressor I think, didn't look at it that much, too tired. I'll check it out tomorrow morning.

No torque convertor with the tranny, so I'll have to buy one, anyone recommend a good stall for a stock LT1?
    '94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille

are you going to put an ac compressor back on? are u still 4x4? I just got a LT1 for my Bravada, but I wasnt sure if all the accessories were gonna clear the frame. i couldnt find anyone with a post on here about LT1's in 4x4s
    67 Deville
    91 K5

accessories

ive got a 1997 lt1 mounted in my 92 2wd s-10 and all the accys clear including the a/c compressor,if that helps any
    2007 silverado crew cab static drop (5.3) ss 22's
    1998 2500 HD 3" lift w/33" Nitto M/T (5.7)
    1992 s-10 lt1 350 air ride (5.7)
    2011 Chevy traverse LTZ

pic

here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 silverado crew cab static drop (5.3) ss 22's
    1998 2500 HD 3" lift w/33" Nitto M/T (5.7)
    1992 s-10 lt1 350 air ride (5.7)
    2011 Chevy traverse LTZ

SS10_2NV - I plan to use all the accesories that I can. I'll find out if the A/C compressor will fit and hopefully it will, otherswise I'm going to go and buy one. Need a/c for a daily down in Texas!

No I'm no longer 4X4, just have the outer part of the cv's bolted in the hubs, no axles, no front differential, no front driveshaft, still have that pesky transfer case in though!

zblazer99 - That looks great! Also helps me, because I found a set of valve covers I like and was worried that if I bought the 'Vette fuel rail covers they would cover the valve covers, but your pictures shows that they won't! Thanks!

Checked a bit more since I just got back from work, no flexplate either, I should be able to simply buy a flexplate for a SBC correct? Though I'm not sure which tooth to get.

Need to add a starter to the mix also, unless I can use the one off my 4.3

Just a few more things to look into, that's all. I figured there'd be more to buy than the usual swap stuff, but oh well lol.
    '94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille

Does anyone know the bolt size for where the tranny bolts in? I went to the dealership to get the size and the guy took forever and gave me the wrong size too! He told me 7/16 - 14 but that's too big. Don't really want to be going back and forth to Lowes buying bolts that don't fit. Thanks!

'94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille

3/8 standard sae thread. thanks for the other info, I cant wait to see it complete, keep us up to date. Also as for your flex plate, Mine had the small one with a small gear reduction starter, my set-up is out of a roadmaster.
    67 Deville
    91 K5

hey,
    "zbalzer99"
    what radiator are you useing. i am doing a lt1 in a 2wd.
    thanks

The "small one" is a 153 tooth flexplate.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

SS10_2NV - thanks for the size! what would standard sae thread be though?

Z4Blazer - thanks for clarifying that! I was just about to ask which was the "small" one. Your truck looks awesome btw!
    '94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille

Thanks man.

Its just a standard 3/8" bolt. Uses 9/16" wrench on it, same size as what would be in the accessory holes in the heads.

In your picture with the little red arrows, behind the very, top center arrow, is that a lifting bracket thats bolted to the back of the passenger cylinder head? If so, remove one of those bolts, and try threading it in there. It should thread in there no problem.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

ZZ4Blazer - You're awesome sir!!! The bolt from the lift hook fit so I took it to Lowes and bought four 3/8" - 16 bolts at 3 1/2" long.

Had a bit of trouble getting the motor from the hoist to the stand. Legs on the stand were too long and too wide to fit in between the legs for the hoist. After a bit I finally said screw it and lifted the hoist high up and lifted the stand to put it on the motor while it was still in the air. Then letting the motor down very slowly pushing the stand as hard as I could to get it out of the hoist.

Then the end result....

:smoker::smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

Going to start taking off things like the headers and emission stuff. I guess I'll just use this to keep it up to date! And the bank account decreases now.....
    '94 4DR 4X4 CPI
    -5" drop
    -GMC Grille