Thread: 96+ Vortec experts look here!

96+ Vortec experts look here!

When I put my 97 Vortec 350 together, what cam manufacturer should I seek out for a cam that will be the best "computer friendly" street cam? I am not opposed to reprogramming the computer, I am just trying to save on the "trial and error" side.

EDIT: I sold the engne, this can be deleted if it warrants deletion.
    Last edited by Robo; 12-26-2004 at 07:30 AM.
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

I like comp cams...they have a variety of applications. Im sure they make something for your needs.
    this is a test of the sig

Thanks man, I will contact them in the morning. Any others?
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

just make sure the lift stays below .480. Some people say .500, but the Chevy techs. I know have all said .480 You can get LS1 style "beehive" valve springs to run higher lift cams with Vortec heads, Comp sales them. I heard about those exactly one week after I had the seats on my Vortecs cut. You'll need to have the spring seats machined for a larger spring to use a standard spring that will support more lift.

The area that needs to be cut or machined is called the spring purch, not the spring seat. The valve seat is inside the combustion chamber. Sorry, not acting as a know it all, just clarifing that. Machinist would already know what you are talking about anyways (hopefully).
    ISRA# 18696

CMA