Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suicide hood mod

Hey thanks for the info. I looked at home depot but I didn't come across real thick washers that work with small bolts. The bolts can't be huge so I guess two or 3 would work. The only reason it's like it is I put my hinges on top instead of under the lips where they should be. Thanks for the info.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

yeah it wont work on top it has to be under the lip ... and 2-3 washers should be fine to level it up...
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

Hey thanks for your help. I'm gonna straighten it out soon. I've got alot going on right now so I've been busy. But thanks for the help.

Check out my ride.

I've been working on mine and it will also not latch, ONLY latches the 1st time, then wont go any farther....this has been a pain in the ass

I hope someone can help, only thing I aint done is used washers for the lower hinge where it bolts to the fender lips.

Also, I think it could be hitting the rubber stops on the hinges, but I thought it was hitting the metal support bar in the middle so I cut it where I had it spaced with a pushrod, and welded in there...but now I dont know if it was hittin on that.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerman5000 View Post
    I've been working on mine and it will also not latch, ONLY latches the 1st time, then wont go any farther....this has been a pain in the ass

I hope someone can help, only thing I aint done is used washers for the lower hinge where it bolts to the fender lips.

Also, I think it could be hitting the rubber stops on the hinges, but I thought it was hitting the metal support bar in the middle so I cut it where I had it spaced with a pushrod, and welded in there...but now I dont know if it was hittin on that.
    Yoiu could try looking at the spring there and maybe adjust it a little. Or there could be a change the latch might be worn. It would be the first time I've seen it be an issue.

Check out my ride.

yeah i dont think i have it lined up perfectly, drivers side sticks out a little farther than the pass. side... I'm gonna try to fix it 2mar

what did you do to get your hood to close?

Quote Originally Posted by blazerman5000 View Post
    yeah i dont think i have it lined up perfectly, drivers side sticks out a little farther than the pass. side... I'm gonna try to fix it 2mar

what did you do to get your hood to close?
    I just pretty much got it lined up as perfect as I could. Since the rubber was going to flat it was touching the bumper. so I ran a small bolt and a washer thru it and it keep it off the bumper. I had to adjust the spring a little and then also replace the latch. Mine was in bad shape. After that and getting the support rod in one piece it fell in place. I have to do it again to my 94 since I parted out my 88 2 years ago. Just haven't had the chance to do it. Oh and having help with it makes it easier too. Good luck with fixing it.

Check out my ride.

so you mean the spring and latch on the hood? You wouldn't have any pics of that would you?

thanks

I don't have any current pics of them. But the spring on the hood next to the part that you use to open the hood. The latch is on the core support where the hood release cable goes to. They are use to being one way stock and maybe with the change they could be a little different. I can get pics sometime tomorrow but I'm taking a break from the week and christmas. It's been a hell of a week. Let me know if you want them tomorrow to be sure we are on the same page.

Check out my ride.

yeah man, u can get some pics if ya dont care, and of how you lowered the bottom hinge on the fender lip too.

thanks

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    I remember when Nite Dragon first did his how-to, and there were only like 3 of us who had this done... Still looks bad-ass though.

My '91

My X-blazer

And the new ride - hence the long absence.
    Last edited by hivoltagedriver; 01-04-2010 at 09:44 PM.

ahhh the good ole days... was nice when there was only a few of us.. but oh well gotta share.. nice GTO but wtf no suicide hood on that beast too... come on...lol
    '50 Chevy Styleline... aka Voodoo Sled... 4dr to become a 2dr... choptop to come... 5.3/4l60e to come... bagged and laid out to come...
    Build Thread

'88 Blazer... Dropped 6in.. suicide hood... suicide doors... handmade one-off phantom grill... shaved bumper... shaved cowl... shaved doorhandles... frenched license plate... 350/TH350....My Blaz Page Check out my Suicide Hood How-to Suicide Hood Pics

My hood latch rests on my bumper I believe, it looks like it sits lower thank yours. Can I do anything to raise it off the bumper?

I think its fine like this but would maybe look better if it didn't do it.

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite Dragon View Post
    ahhh the good ole days... was nice when there was only a few of us.. but oh well gotta share.. nice GTO but wtf no suicide hood on that beast too... come on...lol
    Trust me, it's crossed my mind several times :) I wish I had this motor/ tranny in my X-Blazer. That would have been an awsome ride.

[QUOTE=blazerman5000;773240]My hood latch rests on my bumper I believe, it looks like it sits lower thank yours. Can I do anything to raise it off the bumper?

I think its fine like this but would maybe look better if it didn't do it.

Should only be your rubber stoppers on the hinges,could be cracked or gone,mine cracked and messed up so I had that same problem.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.