Thread: Questions with my 95 CPI for the gurus

Questions with my 95 CPI for the gurus

Ok I just got the blaze back running after I just replaced the CPI unit. There are a few lil things I need some help with. 1st off shes runnin great, but there is a fast constant clicking inside my manifold. I thought it was the IMTV,but it sounds like its the new CPI. Anyone heard this or know anything about it? 2nd I made a steel gasket for my EGR valve with 1/8" holes. Everyone says the EGR mod werks on pre 95 trucks, but It should be fine for me, because the engines are the same. Dunno bout the ECM,but I haven't set off the SES light! Are there any probs that I might notice with this EGR mod because my idle RPMs sometims stay around 11-1200 before they finally come down. I want to know why they are staying there because they were doing that even before I replaced the CPI unit or did the mod. ANd after driving it just now when I came to a full stop and put it in park and the RPMs keept boucing from around 750-1200 constantly while the engine souned liek it was gasping for breaths. ???? I didn't have a deepwell 10mm socket so I couldn't torque down like 5 of the bolts, but I had a pretty good feel for how tight they were. I'm gonna make sure and retor que them tomorrow, but maybe that could be causing somthing. I know I'mgoing on and on and I personally know this engine very well but I need someone else who has good experience on it to helkp me out. I really really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

check for vaccum leaks first......sounds like it might me sucking air from somewhere......
    America, Love it, or get the hell out!

oh yeah, did you replace the lines going to the cpi too?? the ones inside the intake of course

yes i did! but i dunno what that dam clicking is coming from!!!:confused:
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

those motors are notorious for that flapper on top the intake going out, how does the truck drive......does it seem to fall on its face under heavy acceleration, also did you buy a gm cpi??

oh yeah, check the wires that go into the lower intake for the cpi, unplug the 2 signal wires for the injector...with the truck off....put a volt meter on the wires coming from the computer and make sure you have a good ground and atleast 12.4 volts to the injector......it may be getting a weak signal........

One more thing, did you unplug the ecm.....maybe you need to let the truck run to re-learn itself....