Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who runs a Powerdyne Supercharger?

So who runs a Powerdyne Supercharger?

So who runs a Powerdyne Supercharger on their S10? I'm looking into it, but want to make sure I hear from someone who has one installed first.
    How is it?
    Any problems?
    Major improvement, or not as much as expected?
    Any info will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks! :)

I think most of the people do a v8 swap instead.
    VLAD

My 95

Come on... There has to be someone out there. Although a v8 would be fun I don't want that much of a project.... That's why I have my GTO :)
    What have you guys HEARD about the Power Dyne superchargers then???

One of our club members is a chevy tech. He told me about 50HP improvement.
    CRUCIFIED CHRISTIAN CAR CLUB

http://lhfriv.org/crucified_car_club

Sponsors:

Rims/Tires: KMC Wheels

http://kmcwheels.com/

Sunroof/Interior: Corona Sunroofs

http://www.coronasunroofs.com/

Fiberglass work:Epicenterdesigns

EPICENTERDESIGNS

That's it??? They advertise 40-50% inprovement in power which would come out to about 80 horsepower on the LOW side. God, I hope it's more than 50hp! That would be a pretty big dissapointment.

I had a powerdyne on my 99 S10. It was awesome. I liked it alot. Bone stock truck with HPP to change top end, shift and tire size...

I was beating stock camaros, mustangs and just about anything else out there.

The only problems I had with it in the 45,000 miles i abused it...

- At 1st the intake "hat" kept popping off when I let off the gas. There was no blowoff valve. I used a HEAVY clamp and some rivets and it solved that.
    - I shredded 2-3 belts over the years. It sucked driving with no boost in a stock truck after the belt shredded.
    - I melted a pulley once. One of the pulleys is plastic and somehow the bearing in it seized up and it completly melted the inside of the pulley and i needed to buy a new one.
    - And i went through ALOT of tires...

When i sold the truck I traded it into the Chevy dealer bone stock and sold the used PowerDyne on eBay for $1600. It was well worth it.

here are some pictures.
    http://www.tycloness.com/igallery/vi...id=127&stage=3

SWEEEET that's more like what I wanted to hear! Any 1/4 mile times? Thanks for the info!
    Zak

i resently installed Powerdyne's Bd-600 blower and JBA header kit into my 2002 Xtreme; the otherwise stock vortec 4.3 now produces 220 hp and 250 ft/lbs at the rear wheels(a 70 hp increase); the only other mod done before the dyno test was the installation of iridium spark plugs which work way better than a colder thermostat in preventing detonation

Originally posted by floyd
    i resently installed Powerdyne's Bd-600 blower and JBA header kit into my 2002 Xtreme; the otherwise stock vortec 4.3 now produces 220 hp and 250 ft/lbs at the rear wheels(a 70 hp increase)
    Your year stock 4.3 vortech produces about 180 hp... So you only got about 40 horses.
    VLAD

My 95

Originally posted by x_concepts
    Your year stock 4.3 vortech produces about 180 hp... So you only got about 40 horses.

that year 4.3 is rated at 195hp from the factory(flywheel hp).....that would mean you only lose 15hp through the drive train(which any normal power lost from the flywheel to the rear tires is 30-60hp)
    195-45=150 that sounds about right at the wheels.....so he probably did gained 70hp with the s/c

180hp to the rear wheels would be from that style(96-99) 5.7 V8
    Last edited by blazin4low; 09-21-2006 at 04:03 PM.
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/VortecBlazer/sidredo.jpg
    Tuned by Bland Tuning
    Transmission built by Transbuilderguy on FSC!
    Marine Intake swap by me

I saw one on a truck at the dealership my brother works at, thing was clean as hell and he said it was fast as shit too. Ive always wanted a supercharger, just too poor to afford one. :(
    Jake

Typhoon:boink:
    Originally posted by lowblazin94
    Plus they can't arrest you or get a DUI while you have a boner.

Is anyone else a little scared that TycloneSS was hitting 100mph and still taking pics from the driver's seat? LOL...

I too am looking into this as an option down the line. I have heard good and bad. The biggest was about those belts. A boost you can feel was all I was looking for, but I need a new engine 1st before that happens :(
    Otter fan club CEO

Originally posted by SpikesBlazin
    dont worry i like them black too. :omg:
    "A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in GOD."
    Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Originally posted by Team Canada
    Is anyone else a little scared that TycloneSS was hitting 100mph and still taking pics from the driver's seat? LOL...

You know how hard it is to get those pictures?!! LOL I had to rest the camera on the top of the steering wheel and shoot between the spokes. Had to line the camera up beforehand cause I couldnt see what I was doing at that speed in an S10.

That was over 100mph. The needle was burried (even though it doesnt look like it) 3600-3700 rpm is when it hit 100mph. (note that stock shuts off at 97mph or 3500rpm.) This was at 4800 rpm which would be 1000+ rpm over 100mph. heh

http://www.tycloness.com/igallery/ge...&nw=640&nh=480

So who runs a Powerdyne Supercharger

this is a general reply to all those who emailed me about my powerdyne install-i am certain that my stock 2002 Xtreme only produced 150hp at the rear wheels before the supercharger addition because i had the stock S10 chassis dynoed at Campbell Automotive before and after the supercharger installation.