Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So who runs a Powerdyne Supercharger?

I live in Canada so when i buy aftermarket parts i have to pay duties, taxes, and the exchange on conversion into USgreenbacks, so my estimates on your costs will be very rough- i would expect to pay atleast $3000 to $5000 for any supercharger kit depending on what components that it contains- i would expect to pay about $3000 labour for installation and dynometer tuning(if you have the choice of shop, select one that has a chassis dyno since reprogramming the PCM will maximize the hp gains)- also choose a shop that has supercharger installion experience(otherwise you might as well as attempt the installion yourself)- the Vortech kit contains the Crane Cams multiple spark discharge unit with boost retard control(useful if you tuning the engine yourself)- the Powerdyne kit contains JBA headers(an extra that you will have to buy and install later- it is easier to install the headers before the blower unit in my experience- so maybe buy and install the headers first if you want the Vortech)- the Wynjammer kit does not come with a bypass valve(which is needed to prevent compressor surge/thrown belts as well as minimizes blower heat soak) so i do not recommend this kit- some relevant websites are:
    www.VortechSuperchargers.com
    www.Powerdyne.com
    www.wynjammer.com
    www.Procharger.com
    -note that Procharger does not make a bolton kit for the S10/S15 so if you went this route you would have alot of custom fab and would need dyno tuning- even if you do absolutely NO work yourself you shouldn't need any more than $8000 to $10000 in total for all your mods including custom exhaust- i hope this was of some help!

Originally posted by 02xtremeblaze
    Does anyone have a time slip for a relatively stock xtreme blazer with a supercharger?

www.machperformance.com timeslips are there and alot of other good info about superchargers and turbos for the 4.3

here the specs for the rest of the upgrades that i have made to my 2002 Xtreme- after installation of Powerdyne#K10526 supercharger kit i added the Airaid QuickFit(cone filter#700-433), JBA PowerCables#0846(8mm spark plug wires), Alkycontrol methanol injection(the Syclone/Typhoon system), and a custom made exhaust consisting of 2.25 inch head pipes into a 3.00 inch tee collector into Flowmaster Force2 kit#17329(2.5 inch series 50 delta flow muffler into 2.5 inch resonator into 3.00 inch stainless steel tailpipe)-after dyno tuning my S10 now produces 225 hp and 265 ft/lbs at the rear wheels under 5lbs of boost- my next mod will be a smaller pulley to produce between 7 and 9 lbs of boost and then i would like to head to the drag strip for some runs next summer- note that back issues of TRUCKIN' magazine list quarter mile times as well as other performance data for stock trucks from most manufacturers but if i had to guess i would think that the Powerdyne or Vortech kits would yield about a 16 second quarter mile on an otherwise stock S10/S15

Originally posted by floyd
    if i had to guess i would think that the Powerdyne or Vortech kits would yield about a 16 second quarter mile on an otherwise stock S10/S15
    the vortec s-series are in the 16's from the factory

so try 13-14's with boost (this depends on the vehicle type of course)

also there are some 96+ s-series that have hit 14's stock:bigthumb:

Talking

-thanks tippmann243- i look forward to breaking the 16 second mark when i drag race my Xtreme next summer!

Banned
    Originally posted by tippmann243

also there are some 96+ s-series that have hit 14's stock:bigthumb:
    How the hell is that possible?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by Superbee
    How the hell is that possible?
    good driver and traction

guy on s10 forum ran a 14.8 with just a cia and a good set of street tires.

it was a standard cab short bed 4.3 5 speed

Banned
    That really shocks the shit out of me.

I only got a 14.9 with a v8? and that was with like a 2.1 60ft or somthing. Is a blazer that much heavier?

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

now if this guy is telling the truth we will never know

a second gen pickup is a little heavier out of the box then a first gen truck so i would say your blaze and his truck are prety close in weight

ill try and dig up the thread some time tomorrow and post a link

driver ability and technique make a big difference- so do aftermarket tires(i not a big fan of the Goodyear Eagles that were OEM)- another factor to consider is the altitude that the quarter-mile pass takes place at- in Alberta where i live i lose about 2 p.s.i. of supercharger boost because of the higher elevation(foothills of the Rockies)- i have discussed this issue with Campbell Automotive and their experience is that their supercharger installations net 2 p.s.i. less than manufacturer specs if the supercharger was tested by its manufacturer in the southern states or in California- higher elevations means a less dense intake charge means less hp means slower quarter mile times:confused:

Banned
    ight, im calling bs on a 14.8 stock s10.

Sir Mr. BIG Wooou bonestockracing's Avatar
    ( I am with Supebee :bs: :bs: )
    I had warmed over 4.3 and was cutting 1.8 60' 14.9 was the best at LACR = to a 14.4 @ sea lev...
    Last edited by bonestockracing; 12-09-2006 at 08:32 AM.
    91 S-10 BLAZER 355 5speed / 13.2 @ 107 on Street Tires, Traction is a Bitch
    94 GMC Jimmy 4X4 / Daily Driver
    2006 Silverado Z71 CC/SB

"Beat it to fit , Paint it to match"

his user name is guhdam or something like that

on s10forum check it out

Banned
    naaa, ill just take my word for it. :D

seriously, you drove a 4.3, you know thats not possible. Worn vs new engine or not.

Originally posted by Superbee
    naaa, ill just take my word for it. :D

seriously, you drove a 4.3, you know thats not possible. Worn vs new engine or not.
    ive only driven tbi 4.3's the 96> have a LOT more potential then what people say.

but in all seriousness i HIGHLY doubt he hit a 14.8 stock. there has to be something he isnt telling people