Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1" drop in the front

1" drop in the front

How can I lower the front of my 2001 Xtreme only 1"? I just wanna level it with the 3" drop i did on the back.

1" coils

93 Blazer 4x4 - 5.5/5, shaved For Sale
    95 S10 2wd - laying 20's with TB front end
    03 Blazer ZR2- stock and daily'd

1in coils would actually raise the truck since its an xtreme and they have a 1 1/2 in drop of the factory floor. id go with spindles for a 2in drop or 3inc springs for a 1 1/2in. your only going to get 1/2 in increments w/ springs because ive yet to find a place that sells springs for the xtreme, all of em are based of a stock blazer.
    Well I can't remember
    But it still makes me laugh
    When I see us together
    In a photograph

wrong.......Xtreme blazer's came with factory 2" coils in the front. If you throw a Beltech 3" drop coil in the front, it will drop the front end between 1" and 1.5"

putting a 1" drop coil in the front will actually raise the front end 1" since you'd be going from a 2" coil to a 1" coil.

hahah we posted the same thing at the same time......

Really? ill have to look into that cause im almost positive its 1 1/2. oh well!
    Well I can't remember
    When I see us together
    In a photograph

looks like it
    Well I can't remember
    When I see us together
    In a photograph

do you mean that you think it's 1.5" factory drop coils? I thought I remembered someone telling me once that they were 2" but my memory sucks ass so I may be wrong.

yeah that what i remember hearing but my memory is kindly shaky too so maybe someone else will clear this up for us before i get around to droping my xtreme
    Well I can't remember
    When I see us together
    In a photograph

I already dropped mine. 2" blocks in the back and 3" coils up front. That leveled out my truck but I kinda regret using coils in the front instead of spindles. Plus now that I lowered it a little, I want to lower it more. Bad thing is the fact that I live in Indiana where winters are snowy and I'll mutilate my front valance. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

besides the money factor, the front valance is why i havent dropped mine and am scared to death to do it. right now at stock hight i have bout 1/2 in clearance for curbs which sucks but since my girlfriend drives it too that front end probably would last 2 days if i didnt. yeah i want to do a spring drop cause its cheaper but ive never heard a good thing bout 3in coils. what probs do you have with them? meaning whats the difference between them and the stock ride. and is there a gap between tires and fenders in the rear with the 2" blocks or should i go with 3" blocks to get rid of that? my plan so far has been to do a 2" spindle in the front and 3" block in the back.
    Last edited by lonestar; 09-20-2006 at 01:58 PM.
    Well I can't remember
    When I see us together
    In a photograph

There isn't too much of a price difference between spindles and coils....I don't think. Installing a coil is easier than installing a spindle, however, if you go with the coil you will then have to worry about your front control arm smacking the bump stops on the front end. If you try to chop the bumpstops in half you should be golden unless you hit a big pothole or something. Spindles would just relocate the hub and wheel. You wouldn't have to worry about any bumpstops with spindles.

ive found the coils for round $100 but i cant find spindles for less than $190, help me out if you know where to get em cheaper. and what about the blocks in the back? 2" good enough or should spring for the 3"
    Well I can't remember
    When I see us together
    In a photograph

btw I don't blame you about the girlfriend thing. Most women don't care too much about cars. I've seen tons of women blow engines or other things because they don't check anything or don't care. I'd go with the spindle and 3" block like you planned. It will look better IMO

I'd spring for the 3" block. And check the classifieds here, you might be able to find some spindles. If not, check ebay.

www.stylinconcepts.com is a great place to shop as well.