Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake Problems, possibly Power Brake Booster

Installed the booster monday and it has been working great since. That was def. the problem, again.

I was going to replace the lock nuts with nuts, washers and lock washers. The worst part about replacing the booster is getting the four bolts off the studs coming thru the firewall. They are tight the whole way on and off.
    1991 S-10 Blazer - 4 Door - Digital Dash - 4X4 - 4.3L V6 262 CID TBI - Daily Driver
    CarDomain
    1991 S-10 Blazer - 4 Door - Digital Dash - 4X4 - 4.3L V6 262 CID TBI - Project Truck
    CarDomain
    4 Door Love
    Digital Love

!ytinasnI
    hey just so you know the power brake booster works off of vacuum. if you have a soft and spongy pedal than you probably have air in the line. if the pedal is very hard and difficult to push in than its a power brake booster problem. that being said, since the power brake booster does work off vacuum then just keep in mind that if you are having oil blow back into the brake boosters vacuum line it will dramatically shorten the life of the brake booster. so you might want to check the booster line for any sign of oil.

Could oil really get blown through the line even with all that vacuum? I'm pretty sure there isn't but that's something I will keep an eye out for next time, thanks.
    1991 S-10 Blazer - 4 Door - Digital Dash - 4X4 - 4.3L V6 262 CID TBI - Daily Driver
    CarDomain
    1991 S-10 Blazer - 4 Door - Digital Dash - 4X4 - 4.3L V6 262 CID TBI - Project Truck
    CarDomain
    4 Door Love
    Digital Love

!ytinasnI
    yup thats the main cause for brake booster failures. i see them all the time at work. (it also voids the warranty on the brake booster so beware)

I read in the warranty that a leaking master cylinder can void the warranty but didn't know about that. Thanks
    CarDomain
    CarDomain
    4 Door Love
    Digital Love