Thread: noob'e and some questions???

noob'e and some questions???

Whats up all, noob here. Im active on several local forums and SyTy.net, was refered here by some SyTyer's....Just wanted to say what up......

My first question for the board is this...............

Ive got a 92 GmC Typhhon, White on grey, and im looking for some cosmetic changes, nothing drastic, just subtle changes....

It currently sits slammed on 17x12 Zr1's on the rear and 17x10's on the front and the paint and cladding is clean (7 outa 10)...Now, im not a big fan of the "altezza" taillights so im leaving that alone, but I am however wanting to do something with the front grill...Ive done mad research on whats available for the Sy's and Ty's, but nothing is catchy, just same ol sheeit...SO, im was looking at swapping my front grill assembly from the one piece to a earlier 3 piece grill...I like the different billet setups you can get and I just like the way it looks. How hard would it be to convert back to the 3 piece as far as mounts, trim pieces, grill and bezel??? Considering the fronts of the things havent drasticly changed with-in that span of design, im assuming it wouldnt be difficult...

Im looking for tips/tricks/suggestions/pics and advice on the topic

Thanks in advance

the older trucks with the 3 piece grille have a different rad support.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Originally posted by slammins15
    the older trucks with the 3 piece grille have a different rad support.

So, could it be worked??? If the support is different, im assuming just the mounts for the lights would be off, and of coarse mounts for the grill.....Has anyone done this yet??? if so, can I get some pics........

Yeah it could be done but most do the opposite of what you want plus on a typhoon that 3 piece is gonna look funny because it won't dip down where the bumper dips and you will have an ugly gap to worry about.

Originally posted by slammins15
    Yeah it could be done but most do the opposite of what you want plus on a typhoon that 3 piece is gonna look funny because it won't dip down where the bumper dips and you will have an ugly gap to worry about.
    I was actually looking at that problem already, and I think the trim piece that is there could be worked to fit the grill with no gaps......

Any sites that would have a decent grill replacement for the Typhoon, I came up with nothing and thats why I was wanting to go the 3 piece route........

what about a phantom?

Originally posted by pr1mo360
    what about a phantom?
    thats what I was thinking, except dont do it with a SY/TY one, use a S-10/Jimmy one so the original goes uncut please
    04 EC Silverado 4.8L,Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, K&N, Viper, ACT, USSpeedo, Matrix, Whelen, Blackbear, 22" Eagles, Nittos,Russel,Magnaflow
    85 S-15 2.5L/4spd, RF P1 subs, highs & T4004, JL 250/1, SD 4-link, AIM LCAs, 1/2 valves, Blazer interior, 17" Eagles w/BFGs, phantom grill, 140 amp alt

Where can I find a full Phantom, the one that covers the whole middle, headlights and all....I just got a pic on SyTy of one from a member and its sick, its the one ive been looking for but no love yet....

heres a pic.........

have any pics of the ty?
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

Originally posted by syclonekid43
    have any pics of the ty?

I do, but they are to big and I dont know how to host em and all the good stuff....If you like, I can email the to you, or somebody that wants to put em up for me.........

Banned
    Originally posted by 15*TY*70
    heres a pic.........
    Thats gotta be about the coolest front end ive ever seen.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by 15*TY*70
    I do, but they are to big and I dont know how to host em and all the good stuff....If you like, I can email the to you, or somebody that wants to put em up for me.........
    Go to www.photobucket.com make an account its free and host them there.