Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: 700r4 vs t56

  1. #1
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594

    700r4 vs t56

    well i got the tranny in my blazer working and well now im not sure what i want to do

    my intention was to swap the t56 from the noma over to the blazer and have a 6 speed blazer.

    well now that i know the tranny is in fact good, im thinking of selling the t56 and doing a performance rebuild on the 700r4. maybe somehting like billet servos, shift kit and better clutches and bands.

    i know its mostly personal preference but i would kinda like some input

  2. #2
    ls1+t56+01=love low86blazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hockey town of pittsburgh
    Posts
    4,178
    it probably comes down to wanting manual or automatic.

    how many 6 speed blazers do you see?

    how many 700r4 blazers do you see?
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

  3. #3
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    i understand that point and one of my good firends is strongly urging me to convert the blazer to a manual and run the 6 speed.

    but i figure i want to race so an auto would be faster/more consistant.

    plus i could sell the t56 swap and have enough to rebuild the tranny, and have some more money left over for go fast goodies

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    Yeah thats a tought decision dude. How much you think you can get out of the t6?

    They got all kinds of mods you can do to those 700's.


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  5. #5
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    well im strpiing the noma so i could sell a complet BOLT IN kit for a 4.3 5 speed pickup and an alomost bolt in for an auto truck

    kit includes

    kit includes
    97 LT1 trans and shifter with hurst knob and shift boot ~40,000 miles on trans, shifts perfect
    clutch kit
    flywheel
    starter
    full hydraulics (master, line, slave)
    modded pickup cross member
    modded y pipe
    pedal assembly

    pm me if you would like to know the price

    me and my dad both think i should leave it an auto
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 10-15-2006 at 03:21 PM.

  6. #6
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    EDIT, another reason for wanting to leave it an auto is becuase i have knee problems and when i sit in traffic or have to use the clutch alot my knee gets really sore, almost to the point that it hurts to walk afterwards

  7. #7
    Smash it 4.3 zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Houston Texas/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,193
    Originally posted by tippmann243
    well im strpiing the noma so i could sell a complet BOLT IN kit for a 4.3 5 speed pickup and an alomost bolt in for an auto truck

    kit includes

    kit includes
    97 LT1 trans and shifter with hurst knob and shift boot ~40,000 miles on trans, shifts perfect
    clutch kit
    flywheel
    starter
    full hydraulics (master, line, slave)
    modded pickup cross member
    modded y pipe
    pedal assembly

    i was thinking about starting at about $2500

    me and my dad both think i should leave it an auto
    its not costing you anything to keep it is it? i'd box it all up and keep it for later on. I gaurentee you will be needing that transmission or parts or a good friend will be needing it for their project within the next few years and you will say to yourself "damn i wish i had kept that". Call me a packrat but i try to save anything like that that can be used later on as long as it doesnt take up a ton of space.
    06 ccsb 2/5 drop, SS 20's, 370, L92 Heads, LT's/ORY, 237/242 .603/609 112, 2pc. driveshaft, 4l80e, 3500 stall, 12.8 @ 106

    Camaro Roadster Buggy
    DailyGrindFabrication

  8. #8
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    Originally posted by 4.3 zach
    its not costing you anything to keep it is it? i'd box it all up and keep it for later on. I gaurentee you will be needing that transmission or parts or a good friend will be needing it for their project within the next few years and you will say to yourself "damn i wish i had kept that". Call me a packrat but i try to save anything like that that can be used later on as long as it doesnt take up a ton of space.
    thats the thing i dont need it, and noe of my buddies need it. i already have 1 tranny in the garrage pops would flip if i had another one join it

  9. #9
    Registered User 15*TY*70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MileHigh, Co
    Posts
    37
    I guess the biggest question is, How much performance are you looking to go??? My experience with the 700r4 is nothing great, in fact, they suck when it comes to HP going threw them....I have a fully built 700r4 that im swapping for a TH400 in my Typhoon right now because the racing I do with it.....Im guna sell it the way it sits, needs a new 1-2 band and clutches, thats it, but its the fact I have to do a rebuild on the 700r4 yearly, where as the TH400 I shouldnt have NOO problems with my build........

  10. #10
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    well its gonna be behind my 4.3 and it will be less then 250 n/a

    but then agian a typhoon and a n/a 4.3 is a TOTALY different animal

    and if i blow the 700r4 then ill save up and swap in a 4l80e

  11. #11
    Registered User 15*TY*70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MileHigh, Co
    Posts
    37
    Originally posted by tippmann243
    well its gonna be behind my 4.3 and it will be less then 250 n/a

    but then agian a typhoon and a n/a 4.3 is a TOTALY different animal

    and if i blow the 700r4 then ill save up and swap in a 4l80e
    Well you shouldnt have any probs then, its when you start running high HP and racing it all the time like I do when you start hating the 700r4.......

    If I could, I would go with the t56......just my 2cents tho

  12. #12
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    Originally posted by 15*TY*70
    Well you shouldnt have any probs then, its when you start running high HP and racing it all the time like I do when you start hating the 700r4.......

    If I could, I would go with the t56......just my 2cents tho
    i know what your saying, but the fun factor of the t56 is also wearing off since the truck is my DD

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lyndon, Kansas
    Posts
    7,511
    Originally posted by 15*TY*70
    Well you shouldnt have any probs then, its when you start running high HP and racing it all the time like I do when you start hating the 700r4.......

    If I could, I would go with the t56......just my 2cents tho
    How much power and torque you runnin?


    89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

    Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

  14. #14
    Zombie Killer 6SpeedBlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lake St. Louis
    Posts
    6,594
    Originally posted by Superbee
    How much power and torque you runnin?
    im gonna bet to many boosted launches are killing his trannies, that seems to be the number 1 killer of sy/ty trans

  15. #15
    Registered User 15*TY*70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MileHigh, Co
    Posts
    37
    Originally posted by tippmann243
    im gonna bet to many boosted launches are killing his trannies, that seems to be the number 1 killer of sy/ty trans

    20lb boost launches kill!!!!

    I right at about 500hp 500fpt...25-30lbs of boost......12.0 @ 120mph @ 5800ft



    Thats not on the hit either:evilmad:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •