Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my 2.8 to 4.3 swap

my 2.8 to 4.3 swap

Ok I know you guys are pic junky's so I'm gonna start my rebuild of my blazer thread. I finally got my donor truck. And it looks like shit on the outside. But the inside isn't bad. I got a 89 s10 tahoe pickup. It's been wrecked on the front end. The front end looks bad but I think the frame might be good still. I won't know till I finish prying off the front end. I've got pics and thought I'd show ya. This is not much to some of ya but this is what I'm working on. I'm taking out the motor and trans and putting them in my truck. Since my 2.8 sounds so bad. Well here's the pics. Now one of the fenders is off since I took it off friday. I will post more later on as I make progress. It was easier to just do a slide show but I had to make 2 of them. If ya want to see the pics just click the links.

click here for slide show

click here for part 2

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

looks fun ive also wanted to do a 4.3 swap on my blazer and a have a 4.3 from aa astro van block sitting on a stand i put some stuff on and might finish and put in one day i diffently wanna see this

My Works Site ~<The Blazin Low Punctuation Expert>~ WASHINGTON CUSTOMS FORUM

Well I'm hoping everything goes ok. But it looks like I have to get an intake and a fuel pump block off plate. It is tbi but where the mechanical pump would go there is not a cover. Nothing looks like it is coming out but I want to play it safe. But a new intake is 469 at auto zone so I'm still looking for the intake. And yep this will be fun.

Check out my ride.

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    Well I'm hoping everything goes ok. But it looks like I have to get an intake and a fuel pump block off plate. It is tbi but where the mechanical pump would go there is not a cover. Nothing looks like it is coming out but I want to play it safe. But a new intake is 469 at auto zone so I'm still looking for the intake. And yep this will be fun.
    4.3's in the s-series arent fully machined to run a mechanical pump so there is no need to run a block off plate.

ive got a couple extra tbi manifolds running around if you want one

I could use one but how much would it be. And can you wait till the 3rd. I won't worry about the block off. I was just worried about something coming out of it. my shipping addy is 36264. I have to wait till the 3rd for my ssi. I've just got back inside from taking apart the donor. I have it all off now. But the frame is bent in the front where the bumper goes. Well let me know what ya got. Thanks for posting here.

Check out my ride.

Well here's an update. I got the front end off and all of the wiring and hoses disconnected. All that's left is to take the mounts off and the drive shaft. That's all that's left besides taking apart my blazer to get it ready to take out.

But do I need to use the wiring all the way to the computer of should I just use the blazer wiring for the ecm. I know the main plug on the fire wall comes apart. I had to take out one of the plugs that goes to the fuel pump.

I do have a Q for ya. My blazer has a fuel filter under the hood that I had put in it. I hated the one on the frame but when I bought my blazer there wasn't one. So I put in a different one. no the 4.3 has two fuel lines going to the tbi instead of one. Well the Q is do I need to add a secound filter or do I only need to use one filter? I won't be putting the fuel lines back the way the 4.3's were done. And just wandering why the fuel lines looks like they are high pressure lines? Oh I almost forgot will my 2.8 alternator work on the 4.3 since my blazer has power everything and the pickup doesn't?

Check out my ride.

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    I could use one but how much would it be. And can you wait till the 3rd. I won't worry about the block off. I was just worried about something coming out of it. my shipping addy is 36264. I have to wait till the 3rd for my ssi. I've just got back inside from taking apart the donor. I have it all off now. But the frame is bent in the front where the bumper goes. Well let me know what ya got. Thanks for posting here.
    shipping and its yours, it will need to be cleaned out, but its not cracked.

it came off my project motor that i got from superbee

Just giving an update. I'm putting my truck in the shop to have the motor and trans switched out. I just don't have enough time between the kids and her working so I'm paying someone else to do it for me. But I did all the hard work. I've got the donor aprat so they can get the motor and trans out easy. So I'm hopping to drive it next week by the end of the week. I'll post pics when I get it done.

Check out my ride.

It's in the shop now. I'm hoping it will be done in a day or two. I won't be able to take pics but I'll get some when I get it home.

Check out my ride.

Here's a new update

Well my friend carl came over and helped me out with taking apart the front of my truck while I was having to fix somethings on megans blazer. I had to fix her trans line at the trans, the trans pan, and a trans mount plus some bolts that came out from the vibs of the drive shaft front u-joint. I got a pic of megan trying to get a bolt out of the block holding the dipstick on but since we couldn't get it off I just managed to go around it. But it's fixed now and runs better then before. I have to do the u-joint in the am but at a shop.

Carl got the front end off my blazer and most of the good parts off my truck and the bolts holding in the motor. We were gonna have it out but plans fell thru cause of me having to fix her truck. Here's a few pics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Check out my ride.

heh thats my work...kinda fun ripping apart the blazer but wish we coulda got the motor and trans out but atleast we got megans blazer running good and even proof of her helping lol your still lucky mine never does even if its her own car d*mnit you lucky @$$ sob lmao jk man....whats with me in the pic? ftw?!?!? lol but atleast i got most of the blazer done and made it alot easier for you and maybe i can help out next weekend too...its nice to find someone somewhat close to hang out with and work on stuff its gets very boring by myself lol
    Too many mods to list :D
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2293608

I know what you mean about having someone with the same interest as you to hang with. It can get boring around here too. I took that pic before you knew I had the cam out. She does and has shown interest in it but she's more about horses. I help her with them from time to time like she helps me from time to time. If she has to work all nights this week I'm gonna work on it from 7am till 1pm and should have it ready to be out by saturday am. I'm hoping to get it where the motor and trans will comeout and then I will have the frame mounts changed and then put in the other motor and trans. Just wish I could sell some parts to help with christmas here. I got the ujoint changed out and now it seems like the trans may have a problem. It wants to jerk when you go into passing gear. But it runs so much better then before. Thanks for the help with it and for taking apart my blazer. Hope to get it running next weekend. It just depends on my girls concert.

Check out my ride.

Yea i could tell she loves horses...i think jenn even got bored talking about horses lol but she did find out about stuff she didnt know

I wouldn't be surprised. Megs talks about them like we talk about our trucks. But guess what. Overdrive went out in her truck and I've got to get mine fixed and may have to get the rear ujoint changed in hers in the am. I hope she didn't get to bored. There really isn't much to do around here. LOL

Check out my ride.

oh man that really sucks...guess i'll be helping with that too huh? lolthere aint crap here either besides a computer