Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: my 2.8 to 4.3 swap

I might try to come by next weekend depending on how the interview goes..and if i can figure out how to use your lite...
    Too many mods to list :D
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2293608

Quote Originally Posted by 03dirtydime View Post
    I might try to come by next weekend depending on how the interview goes..and if i can figure out how to use your lite...
    Ok cool. I do know another guy down the road and I may call him and see if he'd come by. He offered to do it when he gave me that two barrel carb. I just got to call him.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Ok here's an update. Carl came by and we looked at it and we got it to breathe. I was having trouble with it and just missed a step that he did that I didn't do. We took off the gas tank and I took out the pump so I can put a hose in it with a screen to filter it. I mounted my fuel pump right in front of the tank on the cross member. I'm gonna run the wires for it tomorrow and look around some more for some gas hose. I don't need a whole lot so maybe I have some left. I've got to still adjust the linkage, and get my pipes welded back on it, and get the belt back on it, and get a piece or two for the carb so I can hook up my trans cable on the trans. I still have to figure out how to make my fuel gauge work. Since I'm not using the tank pump how do I make the gauge work? I seen the wire that goes to it. Can I just run a wire back there to it for the pump and then run a wire from the pump to the sending unit only since it is grounded? I'm gonna use a kill switch for the pump to turn it off and on. I think it will run still if I did that. Any input would be great to hear.

Check out my ride.

Ok Here's a current update on my blazer. I bought a holley 390 and it ran. But I was gonna have to buy new cables and parts to use the holley. So I did some looking around and found a edelbrock 1404 carb with a adapter plate and a rebuild kit that runs. For 100 shipped. So it saves me about 60 or so bucks just buying the carb. I'm gonna hold onto the holley incase I ever need it again. But the 1404 is suppossed to fit on without changing the cables or brackets. And it may also sit lower then the holley does so it will help me with the clearance of my hood. After I get it next week I'm gonna put it on and run it. But then I'll have to get my exhaust welded back on it and then figure out my belts and finish with my fuel pump. I didn't use the tank one so I took it out and mount one on the rail. But I still have to plumb it and then wire and figure out a off and on switch for it. I have got that far cause of money and then cause of weather and kids that are sick. So carl come over on megs next day off. Please. LOL, my sorry ass can't do heavy lifting cause of the back trouble I'm having. And I like hanging with ya. You too mike come over and hang out sometime. I'll do a udate next week after I get the carb on. I'll get some new pics too.

Check out my ride.

i built a 4.3 in the past and after a bunch of different carb combos i found the 390 to work the best. had alot better thottle responce in my opinion. as far as the linkages and all i just bought that little crome linkage bracket from advance and made my own ends to connect the cables to the throttle shaft out of some 5/16 keystock. if i ever get time at work im gonna make some more so hit me up if your interested. for the detent i had an old tbi laying around and i measured the distance from the center of the throttle shaft to the center of the pivot for the cable to hook to and welded a piece of flat steel to the palte on the carb where all the linkages hook to. since both my detent cable and the bracket i bought at advance were adjustable you can get it to work just like it was from the factory that way. for the fuel pump i jsut left the factory pump in hte tank and cut the grey wire going into the sending unit that runs it. the pink wire runs the guage and the pump i had sucked fuel through the tank pump with no problem. in your fuse block there are a few accesory spaces that only become hot when the switch is on so i just crimped a spade terminal on it and ran a wire out to the pump from it. also if your using that little square looking fuel pump youll want to mount it low as possible to keep it under fuel at all times. i didnt on mine and it rattled like hell everytime you restarted it until it sucked fuel back into it again. ill see if i can find a pic to show how i did my cables and all on mine
    89 blazer bagged and bodydropped; currently on hold...

www.myspace.com/bodydroppedblazer

Quote Originally Posted by V8BLAZER View Post
    i built a 4.3 in the past and after a bunch of different carb combos i found the 390 to work the best. had alot better thottle responce in my opinion. as far as the linkages and all i just bought that little crome linkage bracket from advance and made my own ends to connect the cables to the throttle shaft out of some 5/16 keystock. if i ever get time at work im gonna make some more so hit me up if your interested. for the detent i had an old tbi laying around and i measured the distance from the center of the throttle shaft to the center of the pivot for the cable to hook to and welded a piece of flat steel to the palte on the carb where all the linkages hook to. since both my detent cable and the bracket i bought at advance were adjustable you can get it to work just like it was from the factory that way. for the fuel pump i jsut left the factory pump in hte tank and cut the grey wire going into the sending unit that runs it. the pink wire runs the guage and the pump i had sucked fuel through the tank pump with no problem. in your fuse block there are a few accesory spaces that only become hot when the switch is on so i just crimped a spade terminal on it and ran a wire out to the pump from it. also if your using that little square looking fuel pump youll want to mount it low as possible to keep it under fuel at all times. i didnt on mine and it rattled like hell everytime you restarted it until it sucked fuel back into it again. ill see if i can find a pic to show how i did my cables and all on mine
    Man that would help me alot. I'm mounting the pump below the level but in the middle of the tank cross support. I've already pulled the stock pump and just decided to use external. I just didn't have any luck with the stock one. So I'm gonna run a wire for my pump to run. As far as the carb I've got both the holley and the edelbrock that fit it. I just can't seem to get the cables right. Maybe if you're around my area you could drop by, lol. I'm gonna run a wire to run the pump like you said but I still have to understand how to make my gauge work. That is if it does. I had to swap out my dash and I have no idea if it works yet. I have the adjustable bracket for the cables but it still just don't seem right. Maybe it's just me. Post some pics when you get a chance. Thanks again.

Check out my ride.