Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: my 2.8 to 4.3 swap

Ok I found out what some of the wires go to. They go to the taillights and should be the speakers and fuel pump. I just have to connect the wiring harness to them instead of running the wires all the way back like on the pickup.

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

speaker wires ran into the engine wiring harness? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by tippmann243
    speaker wires ran into the engine wiring harness? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Well the speaker wires do run ito the dash under the carpet. They are in the harness behind the dash. I can't think of anything else they could be for. I'm gonna take out the 6x9's to make sure. They may have one that goes to the seat belt light in the truck too. I just haven't had a chance to check it.

Check out my ride.

Re: New update

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    But I will have to go a few days with out a hood since the rad I have is too tall for it. I got one from a 4.3 astro and it won't fit with the hood on. The core support should be the same but the astro van must need a taller rad.
    Why can't you use your 2.8 rad on your 4.3 it should be fine lots of people use a 4.3 rad with V8 swaps and thats alot more demanding than a 4.3 will be from a 2.8 swap
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Re: Re: New update

Originally posted by slammins15
    Why can't you use your 2.8 rad on your 4.3 it should be fine lots of people use a 4.3 rad with V8 swaps and thats alot more demanding than a 4.3 will be from a 2.8 swap
    Well the hoses don't match up and there is a heater hose that goes to the 4.3 rad instead of the water pump and where it would go on the 2.8 pump is blocked off on the 4.3. I still have to find a 4.3 rad since the one I had wasn't going to work and I got the money back from it.

Check out my ride.

Blazinlow is for fags BlazinCrisco's Avatar
    any new pictureS?

Originally posted by BlazinCrisco
    any new pictureS?
    No not yet. I don't like taking pics while my hands are full of grease. I may get some this weekend. I've got to put my dash back in a see if I can start it. But I'm looking for a part right now so we'll have to see.

Check out my ride.

Blazinlow is for fags BlazinCrisco's Avatar
    Sounds good :bigthumb:

Re: Re: Re: New update

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    Well the hoses don't match up and there is a heater hose that goes to the 4.3 rad instead of the water pump and where it would go on the 2.8 pump is blocked off on the 4.3. I still have to find a 4.3 rad since the one I had wasn't going to work and I got the money back from it.
    there was a guy on the forum that used a 2.8 rad on a v8 blazer why not with a 4.3

Well if I knew what I needed to get I'd use it since it's new. But I think I remember someone telling me that the 2.8 rad would not cool the 4.3 but I'm not an expert here. But if someone could point me in the right way I'd be willing to listen. Anything to save money.

Check out my ride.

Ok guys I could use some help here. I've got the dash back in and I'm getting power to all the injector wires but one of them. I have the fuel pump running off the 4.3 harness. I just have to finish running the wires so they are hide. I know the injectors may be bad but how can you tell? And am I supposed to get power on all 4 injector wires or is on supposed to be a ground? I hope someone can tell me.

Check out my ride.

Here's a couple of pics.

Check out my ride.

I think I can get you a radiator for your truck dude. Just let me know how much your willing to pay for one. I'll see what I can do for ya tomorrow. Later. -Josh
    85' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.8L*Sold*
    88' S-10 2Dr 2WD Blown 2.5L *Sold*
    88' Jimmy 2Dr 2WD R Code 2.8L *Daily Project*
    89' Jimmy 2dr 2WD Z Code 4.3L TBI *Parts Truck*
    92' Jimmy 4Dr 2WD W Code 4.3L Vortec *Sold*

Quote Originally Posted by FeTTo View Post
    please tell me you just took your stupid pill before posting that :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Question

Ok guys need some input here. I wanted to see what you guys think. Should I get a carbed intake and switch to a carb or should I still try to get my injection working? I can get a carbed intake and it will cost as much as putting it in the shop and getting them to get the injectors runing for me. Well let me know what ya think.

Check out my ride.

Banned
    if your gonna modify the internals go carb if you gonna drive it how it is, get the injection working.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4