Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: my 2.8 to 4.3 swap

Originally posted by Superbee
    if your gonna modify the internals go carb if you gonna drive it how it is, get the injection working.
    Why do you say that? Give me a bit more info please?

www.cardomain.com/ride/1169679
    Check out my ride.

Banned
    tbi systems are speed density which is very hard to modify because you have to spend alot of time programming a chip to make it run good. (im talking when using a decent size cam and better flowing heads)

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

chad is right, tuning take a LOT of time.

your better off getting a carb, carbed manifold and a new dizzy

Originally posted by tippmann243
    chad is right, tuning take a LOT of time.

your better off getting a carb, carbed manifold and a new dizzy
    I guess I'm confused. If I put on a carbed intake, carb and a electronic dizzy then what tunning would I have to do. I need it running really bad. I can't afford to keep blowing money to keep the tbi setup. So can you help me out a bit more? thanks for the help guys.

Check out my ride.

Originally posted by layitlo_88
    I guess I'm confused. If I put on a carbed intake, carb and a electronic dizzy then what tunning would I have to do. I need it running really bad. I can't afford to keep blowing money to keep the tbi setup. So can you help me out a bit more? thanks for the help guys.
    that wont work since you wont have all your sensors you need

if your going carbed you need a non computer controlled dizzy

You might as well just stay TBI you have everything you need already. If you switch now to go carbed its gonna cost you an extra $500 or more at this point because you have to buy an intake a carb and a distributor. You'll have to rewire it and figure out how to get the fuel pump working all over again. Its more of a headache than what you have now.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

Originally posted by slammins15
    You might as well just stay TBI you have everything you need already. If you switch now to go carbed its gonna cost you an extra $500 or more at this point because you have to buy an intake a carb and a distributor. You'll have to rewire it and figure out how to get the fuel pump working all over again. Its more of a headache than what you have now.
    Well i can get me a intake and a dizzy for 130 shipped here and then just have to find me a carb. The onlt reason I considered going carb is I can't get my tbi working and it can cost me just as much as going carbed. I can get a universal fuel pump from the zone for 40 bucks and I had a friend offer me one he has to use. I'm just in a really bad spot and need wheels bad. I don't want to seel it and I can't keep sinking money in it. If I went carbed atleast it would run afterwards. There are alot of personal problems going on and I need and want to finsih what I have started but I can't figure out how to get it running. I've tried everything. It should have run by now. I'd have to take out a lona to get the tbi fixed and the will set me back by 2 months. And to be honest I don't really have time like that. Mpeace and 03dirtydime know why I need my ride and so far we didn't have any luck getting it running. Thanks for the helps guys.

Check out my ride.

I'd put the carb and intake, and dissy on it and be done with it damn the tbi.
    If you can't do your custom work yourself then sell your ride.

Banned
    Originally posted by layitlo_88
    None with the carb, just buy one and slap it on straight out of the box.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Well i think that's what I may do as long as I can find me a carb to fit a stock 85 astro van intake. That's what I have found me so far. It's a 85 stock carbed intake with a dizzy for 130.00 and then I just have to figure out what type of carb to get. I've never done it so I'm not sure about it.

Check out my ride.

New update. I've not had any luck with getting the injectors to work. So while surfing for parts I found what I need to go to a 4 barrel carb setup. I found everything I need for it including the rad for 280 to 300. I've already made plans to buy the parts. They are on a 91 4.3 motor so they will solve my problems. Thanks for the tips guys.

Check out my ride.

Well here's an update. Just what I've got going on. Got my 4 barrel intake cleaned painted and ready to go on. So here's a pic for now. The first is with the flash and the second is without the flash. It looks really good outside in the light. I've got more parts coming next week to get it going. Just waiting for the shipping.

Check out my ride.

Just an update on my ride. I'm hoping to have my motor started this weekend but I'm not sure yet. I'm hoping to get a little help from my friend carl. But He won't have to do much. I just need the help with the timing. I've never been that good with timing. But I do already have my 12 cooling fans in and wired up and running. I just have to set the time for them to turn on. But I've got a nice hei dizzy for it to. But if things go the way I hope they will. I may can run it this weekend. But can't drive it till the 3rd since my tag is expired and I have to get the exhaust welded back together. But that's the heads up for now.

Check out my ride.

you did wrap teflon tape on that heater hose nipple didnt you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

No not yet I was just test fitting it. I still have to do that. I'm getting some on friday.

Check out my ride.