Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: THE TURBO BLAZER IS COMPLETE- 56k TAKE A HIKE- PIC

Banned
    befetifs, i think you made a new word.

Yeah, i'd imagine all the tubing would act as a air cooler as much surface area there would be.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

did you read my post- those tubes are hot as hell- the intercooler helps out alot....... have any of you ever run a rearmount turbo

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2237034/4

Banned
    cant say that i have.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

[i]
    tippman- have you ever run a rearmount because the intercooler is a huge help- the boost tubes still get hot as hell- my intercooler is definatly beneficial- the turbo side gets hot as hell after a run and the TB side is cool to the touch- so it definatly helps- and will help more and more as i raise the boost [/B]
    never installed a rear mount but i have put on 5 stock location kits on various imports.

also i guess i should ahve clarified my last post, you dont NEED an intercooler with a rear mount setup, you will see IAT about 50-70 above the ambient temp

but if you do decide to run a cooler it will be beneficial and lower IAT temps for 10-20 above the ambient temp

Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 10-28-2006 at 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by 02Vortech
    ....... have any of you ever run a rearmount turbo

no but I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express

Originally posted by bigjsp
    no but I have slept at a Holiday Inn Express
    :bigthumb:

big made a funny

look i dunno why all of you are bashing my shit and trying to knock my set-up please explain why-

i doubled the stock whp on 8psi- thats pretty damn good with no tuning.......

and it runs 8.8 @ 77mph in teh 1/8th @ 8psi- 1.9 60ft..... other wise stock blazer

Hey man, I think the Turbo Blazer is some hot shit.
    I'd run a turbo if I had the means.

look i dunno why all of you are bashing my shit and trying to knock my set-up please explain why-

i doubled the stock whp on 8psi- thats pretty damn good with no tuning.......

and it runs 8.8 @ 77mph in teh 1/8th @ 8psi- 1.9 60ft..... other wise stock blazer
    not bashing your shit .................... just your attitude when confronted with a difference of opinions.

"doubling" horsepower power with 8 psi and a safe tune doesn't match conventional rules of thumb.

not bashing your shit .................... just your attitude when confronted with a difference of opinions.

"doubling" horsepower power with 8 psi and a safe tune doesn't match conventional rules of thumb.

i have the dynosheet to prove the a/f ratio is right above 10:1---- its pig rich- stock i make 133 and i made 255on the dyno- the stock bottom end is good to 400whp on a good tune- i has been done time and time again on s10forum--------

my attitude- you guys keep telling me there is no way it can double whp @ 8psi when it did...... you act like im stupid for having an intercooler on a rearmount....... according to some i have to little HP @ 8psi and according to others i have to much, and then i dyno'd it wrong when i wasnt the one dynoing it- in my area every shop i have been 2 dyno's your car for you.

its not a difference in opinions its you guys act like im retarded when i have proof or experience

and why wouldnt i be defensive- i have ALOT of hardwork into this thing- i dont haave the right tools bye anymeans so i had to make due and im proud of it- so why wouldnt i get defensive about all your little problems with my set-up??

i am more then open to better ideas but you guys just give me shit about not being in the right gear on the dyno and having an intercooler........
    Last edited by 02Vortech; 10-29-2006 at 01:18 PM.

iits not a difference in opinions its you guys act like im retarded when i have proof.
    all you have proof of is that you probably didn't have your old motor in a decent state of tune.

all you have proof of is that you probably didn't have your old motor in a decent state of tune.
    it has a tune on it from hellsbents10- he is from doctorsofperformance- they specialize in 4.3L performance...... decent tune- no knock- its running rich- i got colder plugs- what is so hard for you guys to understand????? superchargers @ 9psi make 220 to 230whp- turbos are more effcient so of course im gonna have more power and torque....... do you guys rag on everyone with a supercharger-

IF I HAD BOUGHT A KIT FROM MACHPERFORMANCE WOULD GUYS GIVE ME THIS MUCH SHIT??????

I'm questioning the original state of tune only providing 133 ............ not your current tune or who did it or what a stock bottom end is good for hp wise :confused:

and I really don't care where you bought your stuff, I'm just interested in the rear mount turbo technology and your numbers aren't adding up to what I expect.

its not a difference in opinions its you guys act like im retarded when i have proof or experience
    i personally think you are a retard. but like i said that just my opinion

ive read your posts on s10 forum and you had a complete turbo kit running before you realized you couldnt upgrade the injectors for the stock injection system

you think your hot shit since you double your hp with 8psi. when there are some people that ahve trippled their HP on that ammount of psi.

also your running about a 13.8 with 8psi in the 1/4 whent here are people doing that with bolt ons and a cam and have WAY less money into their ride then you

also im not sure what size turbo your running but did you ever think that your top end loss of power is due to the turbo not being big enough for the 4.3 on the top end?
    Last edited by 6SpeedBlazer; 10-29-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by tippmann243
    iyou think your hot shit since you double your hp with 8psi. when there are some people that ahve tripled their HP on that amount of psi.

this is the part that I'm having trouble with

I was used to

(boost in psi /14.70) +1 * original NA horsepower - (losses for supercharger drive if blown)

=

new "boosted" horsepower