Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: i need to know everything for a v8 swap

http://www.s10v8conversion.com/

is not a truck site.

please repost or correct the link.

I'd be interested in seeing how they did the 4x4 to 2wd since that is a rare swap. Certainly not a kit unless they sell it.

post a pic on Nov 15th of where you are at,
    give us the finger if you are driving the blazer,
    Show us the thumb and your new jacket, if you are hitchhiking.:bigthumb:

i think i might do that jsp because its all about resources prob is i dont have a camera

better yet since i dont have a camera ill just repost something cause i get kicked out that day

so if i post anything if i care enough then well all know thats if i care enough

o and tell me the difference between a conversion and a swap

and im only bein an ass cause people want to say look for it when you do you search a years worth of threads and get almost no answers and then ask ???????s and get told to search

and it is a forum if you want to be specific either way they were alot better than finding answers here

well as far as the bad sentences and everything its not as bad as all the backwards letters and abbreviations and terms that only someone that made up the word would know

so like i named this thread can you or any of you tell me everything i need to know to do a swap/conversion to my blazer. :bigthumb:

im glad someone decided to delete my post for the v8 conversion site i would of hated to help someone i would rather tell them to search for them self or better yet tell them this is a minitruck site/forum not a engine swapping/conversion site/forum

I deleted it. Being the V8 moderator, thats my job. First off, the link you had, didnt go to anything.

Second of all, you posted it up, basically calling us all out, that we werent good enough to help. Im not putting up with more useless threads because your too immature to do something for yourself.

I doubt theres any problem you'll run into, that someone on the forum hasnt already. Chances are, it has been discussed, and the problem solved already.

Lots of the more, tech oriented guys, each have their own wealth of knowledge. Most coming from first hand experiences. Theres almost no problem that, together, we couldnt help with. Yet, you continue to act like an asshat, so your gonna get bashed.

If your other forum is so much better, please, stop wasting our time.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    Jim flipping out.

:rofl: :rofl:

Look stock83, we're not trying to hate on you. Seriously, we're not. But you are asking questions that don't have simple, direct answers. There are other questions that have to be answered first before we can answer the ones you are asking.

It's similar to me asking "How does an engine work?". Sure, we can give you basics, but nothing that is going to help. We need to know if you're curious about Dual Overhead Cam engines, traditional Overhead Valve engines, Porsche Boxster engines, Forced Induction, Nitrous oxide, etc...

Just by the way that you are asking the questions we can tell that you are not the least bit prepared to do this swap. If you were, you'd be asking more in depth, detailed questions pertaining to YOUR SPECIFIC SWAP.
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

well then the key is for you guys to ask ?????s to get my specifics i dont know what you guys need to know cause im not a motor guy im an electrician how do you know im not lookin for basics

besides that other forum/site had more more people that do the swap all the time and in more areas like drag race, towing, to be cool or whatever

so if i post it in a less harsh way to this site will you erase it i mean besides they have alot of info that i couldnt find in here

if you think im wasting your time then put that site/forum back up so other newbys or anyone in general wont waste your precious time

i wish it was the trucks that bring us all together they did but the people behind them is why i stay away

like big deal someone says cool low rider ignorance should be excusable not everyone in the world knows your preference of what you call it

the same for people that dont know engines or frames thats why we teach people
    Last edited by stock834x4; 11-01-2006 at 05:32 PM.

as far as readin my posts its no different than reading blazer383 and i understand him

because i have a sister with downs and have learned to put things together for them to make sense

maybe he is right alot of the world is ignorant not all

o by the way that was not a link it was the search keywords try search instead of retalliating
    Last edited by stock834x4; 11-01-2006 at 05:02 PM.

ok to clear up my recent tiny goof the actual site would be s10v8.com to find it under search you would put

s10 v8 conversion sorry for any confusion hope this info will help all who want to upgrade

ok im not tryin to say you guys dont know your stuff im sure you do
    jsp has crazy props for the double v8

im just disappointed on how the only response to alot of these guys questions is search yeah it helps

why dont we have alot of the questions in the same place so that for people like me and anyone else in a time strain can have more sources for their information ie: videos, lots of pics, more members with the conversion, more areas of interest(race, show, performance mods)

Banned
    Jesus christ dude.

Straight up just tell me what you want to know, no thoughts comments or nothing, just the question.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Here's what I have determined so far Superbee

Originally posted by bigjsp
    gotta To be honest myself, I really am lost as to what is really being started with

3.4 with a T350 and still has the 4wd ???

you listed the motor is a 350 but I'm not sure what its operational status is, let alone flex plate and starter, distributer type (non computor or computor), power steering, alternator, fans.

do you have a radiator with a tranny cooler?

tranny lines and a bender.

after market shifter is the easiest although a rod through the floor works well to ( JSP stock car shifter special :)

nothing ill just figure it out when we (brother and friend) go to put it in have a grinder and welder will come plus metal of course

so thanks for the help anyway ill figure it out

Most here at blazinlow have an attitude towards people like you because you ask questions we just answered 2 weeks ago.

blazin low is a free your choice donating site. we have all kinds of people and trucks, best of all its free. If you cant respect the fact that the search button is there for a reason then go to your PAY MONEY TO BE A MEMBER site, i dont care nor will any other member here.

As far as knowing everything, your trucks diffrent, than any other truck weather its a 2door 2wd or 4wd. everything you do can alter another part and make it diffrent than mine. your so concerned about getting it done in a few weeks that you dont see it wont happen because your not prepaired at all. you should have come here a month earlier with the motor ready and gazillion other parts or atleast enough money to buy the parts.

Wehn you say pennies wtf do you mean. Be specific when you ask a question or state what you have. Pennies as in 100 bucks or 1000.

if 100, id recomend a down feathered coat, they seem to be the best insulated.

if 1000 go to the junkyard risk 200 bucks on a junkyard motor / tranny combo and pray it runs, buy a header / mount kit. throw it all together build a tranny x member, ghetto fab a driveshaft, find a old 4.3 rad, buy hoses vacuum lines , fluids , a couple wire connectors and then be prepared to probably replace everything till everythings new.

does that site give you blow jobs too???? cuz it seems like you want us to sugar coat everything.

your lucky im bored tonight newbi!
    Quote Originally Posted by bayhustle81 View Post
    can i add the vortec to this 4.3 if it didnt come with one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbee View Post

Banned
    i think he litterally means pennies.

which wont even begin to cover the fluids..... or shop rags for that matter. lol

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Originally posted by low86blazer
    your so concerned about getting it done in a few weeks that you dont see it wont happen because your not prepaired at all.
    ^filtered down to the essence.

If your brother and friend have done a custom swap or two and have some extra parts lying around, then you might have a chance. This isn't a bolt in and no-one on this forum has done it. I checked www.v8s10.org and no one had posted a complete thread about 2wding a 4wd either.

pay the membership fee to that www.s10v8.com web site and see what they have. I looked at the parts included in their $650 4wdr v8 kit and they are misleading as they talk about the 2.8 mounts, but give no warning that the v8 won't bolt to the 2.8 tranny. I'm guessing that the majority of the conversions will be complete 4wd starting with a 4.3 4wd and most of the time will be spent discussing the oil pan modifications or 2wd starting with a 2wd frame.

Good luck