Thread: PowderCoating Vs Painting???

PowderCoating Vs Painting???

I am wanting to do either of the 2 to my Zr1's on my Typhoon, but I cant decide what color I want to go on the hub......Im already set on leaving the dish chromed, but im tossed between white, gunmetal, or liquid silver (same color as the cladding) for the hub......I have seen wheels that where painted that looked awsome, im curious as to how the stand up to normal wear and tear from daily driving with some racing??? dirt, hot brakes, chipping etc......I dont want to have to redo them every 1000 miles....
    If I decided to paint them, I would go the full scuff, prime, seal, base/clear route, but is it worth it is what im getting at???

The reason im asking again is because I cant choose a color to go with, and instead of waisting money on powdercoating for a color I might not like, I'd just paint them and if I dont like color scheme, I can easily change it till I find the right match....

If it helps, they are 17x12 rears and 17x10 front and my Ty is the white body on Silver cladding....

Any input/experiences would be great to hear.....

Nobody????? Weird.............

License and Registration? RustyButTrusty's Avatar
    I would go with powercoat.

Its much more durable (which seems like a good thing for you if you're planning on using them on a daily), easier to clean, etc etc. Just make sure its the color you want to stick with because you're prety much SOL if you change your mind.
    Originally posted by s10blaza
    Blazin Low's own deputy sergeant Jr.
    2000 S-10 LS : Regular cab, Short Bed, 2.2L w/5spd - 4/5.5 drop, chrome bumper, side swept exhaust, shaved tailgate, billet grille, '57 Chevy Mirrors, 8000*K HID headlights, 3000*K HID foglights - More to come!