Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: will these fit without rubbing

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    421

    will these fit without rubbing

    i want to put a set 17x8s up front and 17x9s out back will they fit on a 2nd gen 99 without rubbing

  2. #2
    bagged member banginjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, GA
    Posts
    4,159
    depends on tire size mostly, but you should be fine with something like a 225/45.
    Last edited by banginjimmy; 11-11-2006 at 12:24 AM.

  3. #3
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    yeah, you'll be fine. do you have a drop? i would go bigger than a 225 btw.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    421
    ok i know nothing about tires so i have not idea what that is. and no drop yet i want wheels first.

  5. #5
    Truck is FOR SALE
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bensalem, PA
    Posts
    113
    Smallest tire I would put on a 17x9 wheel would be 245/40 or 255/40. They will fit. Watch you offset of the wheel. Cause I can close on my old truck to hitting the leaf spring.
    2002 Chevrolet Blazer 2-Dr 4x4 -Sold

    2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Current

    Looking for 2wd Blazer for toy..


  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    421
    so would it be better just to put 17x8s all around cuz someone at school told me 9s would not fit out back

  7. #7
    bagged member banginjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas, GA
    Posts
    4,159
    with the correct offset, a 9" wide rim will fit fine out back. For the front I would do a 225/40 and abck 255 or 265 will be fine.

  8. #8
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    Originally posted by 99blaze
    so would it be better just to put 17x8s all around cuz someone at school told me 9s would not fit out back
    would be easier, rotate them as well. but like everyone said, with the correct offset a 9'' will fit fine in the rear.


    i say go with 17x8 245/40/17 for the front and 17x9 275/35/17 for the rear with a 4'' drop. would look mean, and you can tuck a 245 up front if you eventually bag it
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    421
    Originally posted by BlazerINtheWork
    would be easier, rotate them as well. but like everyone said, with the correct offset a 9'' will fit fine in the rear.


    i say go with 17x8 245/40/17 for the front and 17x9 275/35/17 for the rear with a 4'' drop. would look mean, and you can tuck a 245 up front if you eventually bag it

    well i am going to drop it 4/4 but i want wheels first so the 9s will fit with a 275/35/17 tire what would be a good tire like brand cuz i know nothing about tires

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pensacola Fl
    Posts
    421
    and i dont want a drag radials i want a good performance tire because im putting an ls1 in it one day

  11. #11
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    http://www.tirerack.com/

    look around the site, you can put in a search for sizes and it'll show you what avaible. it will tell you alot about the tire(has a chart for wear, road noise, ect).

    post up some links to tires you like

    edit, go with a 275/40/17 in the rear. not many choices for a 35 series tire in that size. 245/40 or 245/45 is fine for the front tho.

    note* http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

    good way to get use to tire sizes^. notice 275/40/17 and 245/45/17 are almost the exact same height
    Last edited by BlazerINtheWork; 11-13-2006 at 11:04 PM.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  12. #12
    Blazinlow is for fags BlazinCrisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    520
    Originally posted by BlazerINtheWork
    , and you can tuck a 245 up front if you eventually bag it
    I am sorry but that is BS

    I could not turn without scraping 235/70/R15 in front

    The only way you could make a 245 fit is with a small profile and that plus a lowering he would not be able to daily driver it anymore unless he didnt want to be able to drive over speed bumps and rail road crossings like me lol

  13. #13
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    Originally posted by BlazinCrisco
    I am sorry but that is BS

    I could not turn without scraping 235/70/R15 in front

    The only way you could make a 245 fit is with a small profile and that plus a lowering he would not be able to daily driver it anymore unless he didnt want to be able to drive over speed bumps and rail road crossings like me lol

    a 245/40 will tuck. i have tucked it before on a bagged truck, and i have had the same tire on 2 differnt lowered trucks, one with a 6'' front drop. so why you say its "BS", i dunno.
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

  14. #14
    Blazinlow is for fags BlazinCrisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    520
    Originally posted by BlazerINtheWork
    a 245/40 will tuck. i have tucked it before on a bagged truck, and i have had the same tire on 2 differnt lowered trucks, one with a 6'' front drop. so why you say its "BS", i dunno.
    I say BS becuase my Blazer is slammed and when I tried to keep driving on my 235's I could only turn 1/3 the way becuase the tire was in the wheel well

    I had to drop my tire size to 225 just to be able to turn my full radius

  15. #15
    Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,525
    Originally posted by BlazinCrisco
    I say BS becuase my Blazer is slammed and when I tried to keep driving on my 235's I could only turn 1/3 the way becuase the tire was in the wheel well

    I had to drop my tire size to 225 just to be able to turn my full radius
    note i said 245/40, as in my 245/40/18 that i am running, which is little over 25.5'' tall. and with my 4'' drop up front i only barely rub at full lock. and it wasn't even that bad with a 6'' drop.


    what size where the tires you took off?
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •