Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can i lay

i got a mono leaf and 3" blocks...i need a freakin notch and bags...grrrrr....anyone got some cash they could give me?? ;)

Originally posted by Dragginblazer

My '91 Sonoma has ZQ8's (16x8) with 225/40/16 tires. It's bagged in the front with airshocks & monoleafed in the back with 4" blocks. I cut off the O.E. bumpstop mounts off & it WILL NOT LAY FRAME WITHOUT A NOTCH. It lays part of the front framerail & the crossmember hard but thats all.

I would like to see a pic of your friends non-notched truck with those big tires laying on 17's.
    I never ever said he didn't have a notch. But thanks anyways.
    '87 Jimmy, Caddy Deville tail lights, frenched lic plate, smoothie steel rollpan, phantom grill, 425 HP V8 conversion in the process and all the goodies to go with it
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/ogg2001

Although it was vuagely writen, I think the question here is if the mono leaf will bend down far enough to lay frame, not about whether or not a notch is needed or if airbags are needed, that shit is pretty fucking obvious.
    I dont know the answer actualy, but Ido know that it wont work with 3" blocks. I'm assuming one extra inch would do it, but still...
    Plan on de-arching or simply flipping over the leafs, and you will lay frame with no problem.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Originally posted by pr1mo360
    just a question why would you guys want to lay so much? wouldnt you rather just come close? i think that would be much more practicle for a daily driven truck
    I agree. I truck that can lay flat on the ground is very nice but when it's your daily driver and has to be taken everywhere you need to go, it can get annoying and dangerous. Everytime you go over a big bump, if the suspension has travel clear to the ground, it will smack. I dont like the idea of driving 70 on the freeway and some shit off the road cutting a bag and one corner of my blazer plowing into the ground.
    BUT.. Being able to throw sparks at the saturday night meets and shit is well worth it.
    So, I'm going to make my lay all around, and design my own bump stop pads that I can install stops to keep me like 1/2" off the ground if I'm going to go on a long trip or something. I can always reach under there and unscrew them if I want to show off.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

i was thinking of the same thing. i was goin to drill a hole and weld a nut on the back side of the lower control arm and them drill a hole and weld a nut on the bottom of my step notch. then i am goingto get some energy suspesion bump stops with a threaded stud coming out of them. then al i would have to do is air up my bags and unscrew them for spark throwin....
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

certified door dragger FastBagBlaza's Avatar
    i ran a 3" block and a monoleaf for sometime with a 2.5" notch and laid out hard...on 205/0/16 ..you dont need a huge step notch to lay out
    Tukin Nuts on Twanky Twos

certified door dragger FastBagBlaza's Avatar
    205/40/16...ooops
    Tukin Nuts on Twanky Twos